Credt Risk manages the systems that facilitate the business of Credit Risk Management and Advisory (CRMA), the team that is responsible for sales and counterparty credit risk management and rating agency advisory for investment banking partners. Maintains a scenario stress testing engine that is used in a variety of risk and capital calculations as well as applications to allow for the effective risk management of firm counterparties.
Are you interested in learning about finance, or expanding what you already know into risk management across a broad range of financial instruments, while staying close to your roots as a software engineer? A role in Finance Engineering in our Credit Risk Technology team offers an exciting opportunity to apply computer science, finance, and mathematics to solve for what the firm requires in efficiently managing counterparty credit risk. We are looking to fill a Vice President level position whose responsibilities include project elaboration, prioritization, and execution for automating business processes in the Risk Division. You must code in this role. Projects will be focused on evaluating counterparty credit quality and calibrating limits for risk appetite.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Identify and map manual business processes into automated workflows
• Collaborate with users and fellow engineers to develop value-added solutions to automated business processes
• Implement commercial solutions focusing on rapid delivery and frequent iterations, while maintaining best-practices within SDLC guidelines
• Providing technical direction and leadership to junior engineers
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Bachelors degree or higher in a STEM field, with an interest in finance
• Java development experience, including a clear understanding of data structures, algorithms, software design and core programming concepts
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to adjust style to the audience
• Strong problem solving and analytical thinking skills
• Can apply an entrepreneurial approach and passion to problem solving and product development
• Comfortable with working globally in a dynamic, fast-paced environment including multi-tasking, managing multiple stakeholders and working as part of a team
• Proficient at working with large and complex code bases
• Experience with Business Process Modeling and Camunda BPMN
• Familiarity with credit risk (or like) concepts
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity