Investment Banking Division
Our division works on some of the most complex financial challenges and transactions in the market today. Whether advising on a merger, providing financial solutions for an acquisition, or structuring an initial public offering, we handle projects that help clients at major milestones. We work with corporations, pension funds, financial sponsors, and governments and are team of strong analytical thinkers, who have a passion for producing out-of-the-box ideas.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
The responsibilities of the Expense Management team within the Investment Banking Division’s Management & Strategy group include:
- Identifying and eliminating inefficient processes and resource commitments
- Liaising with firmwide & divisional leadership as well as other thought leadership groups to mitigate expenses while maintaining high client service levels
- Providing Divisional Leadership with relevant and timely insights to support strategic decision making
- Preparing materials to deliver Divisional message to Investment Banking community and Firm Leadership
- Developing annual and quarterly expense forecasts for internal budgeting
- Acting as a cross-divisional liaison, sharing best practices and key data with Firmwide constituents
- Review, analyze and redesign key divisional expense processes
- Design ad hoc analysis and presentations based on current trends and initiatives in the Division
- Deliver weekly, monthly and quarterly expense reports to Divisional Leadership
- Coordinate with Divisional CFO to establish expense target and mitigation strategies
- Review monthly expense activity to monitor allocations in from other divisions and trends in Divisional costs.
- Review, approval, and tracking of Divisional expenses
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or related field
- Digitally savvy with the ability to synthesize large amounts of data to tell a relevant story.
- Must have an intermediate to advanced skill level in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong quantitative and critical thinking skills with the capacity to quickly learn and develop new reports and analysis
- Candidate must be proactive, highly enthusiastic and team oriented
- Ability to multi-task across competing work streams and deadlines
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.