What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
Consumer and Investment Management (CIMD)
The Consumer and Investment Management Division includes Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM), Private Wealth Management (PWM) and our Consumer business (Marcus by Goldman Sachs). We provide asset management, wealth management and banking expertise to consumers and institutions around the world. CIMD partners with various teams across the firm to help individuals and institutions navigate changing markets and take control of their financial lives.
Consumer, externally known as Marcus by Goldman Sachs, is comprised of the firm’s digitally-led consumer businesses, which include our deposits and lending businesses. It also includes our personal financial management app, Clarity Money. Consumer combines the strength and heritage of a 150-year-old financial institution with the agility and entrepreneurial spirit of a tech start-up. Through the use of insights and intuitive design, we provide customers with powerful tools that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity to help them make smarter decisions about their money.
The Consumer Management and Strategy team is responsible for:
• Strategic initiatives including managing divisional priorities, incubating new businesses, and driving executive reporting
• Organizational planning including defining org structures, creating centers of excellence, and evaluating location strategy
• Communications including executive presentations, external communications, internal communications and content
• Culture including driving new hire orientation, providing oversight of Marcus events, and partnering with HCM on various people initiatives
• Communication - Highly articulate with strong verbal and written communication skills
• Leadership – Lead initiatives to completion, flexible and able to respond positively to change
• Technical Skills - Strong analytical and problem solving skills, pays attention to detail and demonstrates appropriate financial/analytical skills. Consistently able to produce high quality documentation and ability to deliver while working under pressure to tight deadlines
• Drive and Motivation - Organized and self- motivated with ability to work independently, multi-task and manage conflicting priorities
• Influencing Outcomes - Ability to coordinate and gain consensus across multiple groups, in multiple regions, at various levels of seniority
• Teamwork - Strong team player, collaborates with others within and across teams
• Client and Business Focus - Effectively handles difficult requests, builds trusting, long-term relationships with clients, helps the client to identify/define needs and manages client/business expectations
• Creativity/Innovation - Looks for new ways to improve current processes and develop creative solutions that are grounded in reality and have practical value
• Functional Expertise - Keeps up-to-date with emerging business, economic, and market trends
• 2+ years of project management or communications experience
• Proficiency in Microsoft suite, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
• Experience working in Financial Services or FinTech
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.