Fixed Income, Currency, and Commodities (FICC) Technology plays a key role in the firm’s
ability to help institutional clients buy and sell financial instruments on liquidity venues
around the world, an important revenue driver for the firm. In FICC Technology we use both open source industry standard and internal proprietary technologies to build cutting edge platforms for pricing, execution, and control over each of these millions of transactions.
The futures engineering team designs, builds and supports the applications used by sales traders to facilitate the execution, monitoring and booking of client futures orders.
The technology team are partnering with the business on a significant re-engineering of our technology stack.
Your immediate role as part of the Futures Engineering team will be to own significant business deliverable and projects working full lifecycle to help to deliver key business functionality, from initial requirements and design through to implementation, testing and support. You will be involved in the design and development for new systems, as well as working with the team to maintain, upgrade or decommission existing ones.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• You will find yourself in an exciting business area on an ambitious re-engineering roadmap, which will bring many opportunities to work alongside the business, as well as learn new technologies as we evolve our stack for the future, There is an opportunity to work on web based UI development for those with skills in this area or with a desire to learn them.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Minimum 6 years of Java experience
• Familiarity & experience with testing frameworks (JUnit/FitNesse) and concepts (Test Driven Development, Regression testing).
• Ideal candidate will have strong programming skills with a passion for delivering high quality software, ideally with experience of working with automated testing tools in an agile development environment
• Initiative/Ownership - The candidate must be self-motivated, with the ability to find creative solutions
• Good communication & Analytical skills with a strong desire to learn
• A successful track record of managing projects and/or people.
• Financial Products experience
• Messaging – RabbitMq
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity