Prime Services is a technology intensive business that aims to provide our clients with all
the tools and services to run their business. In Prime Services Technology we regularly
consider new technology products available in the market or in the firm to meet our clients’
needs and high trading volumes. As a result, we are constantly expanding our platform to offer clients more products, creating opportunities for people in the group to gain experience in a variety of different technologies.
We are looking for a senior Salesforce.com developer to join a strong engineering team focused on client-centric development projects on the Salesforce platform. Goldman Sachs Prime Services provides financial services to approximately five thousand hedge funds located across the globe. It is dedicated to providing best in class service and views Salesforce as a key tool for managing client engagement across a spectrum of activities from prospecting to servicing.
The team’s current roadmap reflects a substantial increase in the platform’s mandate and which in turn requires a larger footprint of Salesforce developers. As the team grows, we will continue to focus on user experience, scale, resiliency, operability, extensibility and performance.
Client Engagement Engineering develops and manages software solutions that enhance the firm’s relationships with its Prime Services clients. The team partners with client-facing colleagues to engineer solutions focused on relationship management. The team applies data capture and management, application development, and analysis to deliver actionable insights to leadership in Prime Brokerage, Equities, and throughout the firm.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Develop client-facing software and be responsible for:
• Effectively collaborating with various sales and client-servicing functions to determine technical and functional requirements
• Gathering data migration requirements, analyzing data quality requirements, defining a data quality migration plan and executing the plan
• Exposing and consuming web services
• Facilitating technical process review sessions and user testing
• When necessary, developing and maintaining new, precisely-scoped applications
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Extensive experience with the Salesforce software ecosystem, including Apex, Visual Force and Lightning
• Strong understanding of Salesforce.com capabilities and limitations
• Strong experience with writing Apex code, developing Visual Force pages, writing Apex triggers, Apex classes, Visual Force controllers, and workflows/approval rules using custom code
• Knowledge of Salesforce integration patterns, especially REST and SOAP APIs
• Clear understanding of Salesforce access and sharing models including Apex sharing
• Exposure to ETL tools like the Informatica cloud
• Experience with Java, REST and SOAP
• Experience data modeling
• Experience with process modeling tools and best practices
• Ability to work cross-functionally to articulate, measure, and solve performance issues
• Experience with relational databases, including work with SOQL, MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, or other common RDBMS
• 2+ years of prior Salesforce.com and Force.com experience
• 4+ years of prior experience in a consultative role with professional experience in a test-driven and formal QA development environment
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.