The Sky Team within Core Engineering is responsible for enabling the use of public cloud services across the firm. As part of your role you will be partnering with core and business-aligned software engineering and SRE teams to deliver secure, resilient, and scalable cloud native solutions. Additionally, a key responsibility will be researching, architecting, and securing new cloud services, solutions, and features for general use by our Engineering organization. We are in the growth stage of adopting cloud native principles for our applications and you will be directly helping to architect and engineer the technology strategies that will give our business a competitive edge!
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Collaborate with business software engineering teams on solving business problems via the architecture and engineering of cloud native applications
• Engage with the larger Core Engineering organization to create and deliver usable, safe cloud native engineering patterns with associated guardrails and operational practices
• Partner with our information security teams on the identification, analysis, and mitigation of risks related to cloud services
• Create, communicate, and promote best practices for public cloud native development across the firm
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Experience architecting, designing, administering, or developing applications in Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, or Microsoft Azure (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS)
• Ability to communicate technical concepts effectively, both written and orally, as well as the interpersonal skills required to collaborate effectively with colleagues across diverse technology teams
• Engineer secure applications and solutions in a cloud native environment
• Proficiency in designing, developing, and testing software in one or more of Python, Java, Groovy, or golang; open to using and learning multiple languages
• Ability to reason about performance, security, and process interactions in complex distributed systems
• Ability to understand and effectively debug both new and existing solutions
• Familiarity with cloud network architectures and the integration with hybrid cloud networking
• Experience with serverless platforms such as AWS Lambda and Google Cloud Functions
• Experience with infrastructure and configuration as code solutions, including Terraform, Ansible, or cloud-init
• Experience with container orchestration and service mesh architectures, including Kubernetes/Istio, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, or Consul
• Familiarity with Linux OS engineering, configuration management, and troubleshooting
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.