Technology is at the heart of our multi-billion dollar business. Our engineers develop lowlatency, scalable, and resilient solutions which drive global equities sales and trading at Goldman Sachs.
You'll be responsible for designing, writing, testing and reviewing a variety of scalable applications leveraging the latest firm and open source technologies. You will be expected to implement and suggest best development practices/methodologies to deliver high quality software throughout the development stack.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• The SPG organisation is part of a front to back alignment where engineers are embedded with the revenue generating part of the business. This provides opportunities to partner closely across the SPG organisation to deliver the firm even more effectively and efficiently to our clients.
• You will be relied upon to be proactive in your approach, managing both daily tasks and a project role
• You will be building upon both teamwork and communication skills as you become integrated within the team
• You will have a great opportunity to develop your technical skills; we will provide support to help you grow
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Bachelor’s / Master’s degree, preferably in a STEM subject, such as Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics etc.
• 2+ years of experience in building applications in a commercial environment
• A solid understanding of object orientated programming skills (Java, Python, C++, or other OO technology) including data structures and algorithms
• A good understanding of the principles behind test-driven development (TDD) with hands-on experience of unit testing
• Proficient with databases systems; able to write and analyse complex queries with multi-table joins and aggregate functions
• Able to analyse non-trivial interdependencies between systems and possess excellent problem solving and analytical skills
• Excellent communication skills with a history of user/team interaction
• Interest or experience in financial services and trading businesses is expected
• An interest in financial services is expected; prior experience is not required
• Highly motivated individuals that are committed and capable of working to timelines
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.