We are looking for talented and energetic software engineers to help design and implement the new generation of our provisioning, inventory, compute, scheduling, and software distribution platforms that are integral to large parts of our cloud and technology infrastructure, used by thousands of users across our Engineering organization. The role will allow you to gain an understanding of hybrid cloud technologies and concepts as well as understanding the firm’s technology infrastructure. The successful candidate will participate in all phases of the software development life cycle and work with extremely bright and motivated individuals, who focus on object oriented / functional development, algorithms, distributed systems, and strive for continuous process improvement.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Participate in design, build, and maintenance of distributed, multi-region, multi-tenant, horizontally scalable, resilient, and firm-wide cloud compute provisioning platforms.
• Collaborate with Platform consumers and the development community at large to analyze and resolve escalations
• Interact with clients from different backgrounds ranging from very technical engineers, to more functional and business facing analysts and managers.
• Goldman Sachs is a meritocracy where you will be given the tools and opportunities to help you develop your career.
• You will have access to excellent training programs designed to improve multiple facets of your skills portfolio.
• We value internal mobility. The chance to take on new challenges in the firm over time will ensure that you remain stimulated and will help in your continued professional and personal development.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Hands-on developer (experience with at least one of Java/Go/Python/Scala)
• Good grasp of design principles and testing best practices
• Strong technical skills, analytical mindset, creative, enjoys the challenge of solving interesting and sometimes difficult technical problems.
• Energetic, self-motivated
• Moderate SQL experience on an enterprise RDBMS database
• Team player who is eager to work in a global organization
• Commercially focused; understand the requirements and how they will benefit our clients, stakeholders, and business
• Bachelor’s or a higher education degree in Computer Science
• Some experience with Cloud platforms (such as Amazon’s AWS or Google’s GCE) is a plus
• Some experience with distributed NoSQL data stores such as ElasticSearch or MongoDB is a plus
• Some experience or at least some familiarity with building RESTful web services
• Good oral and written communication skills
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.