Goldman Sachs Technology Risk is leading threat, risk analysis and data science initiatives
that are helping to protect the firm and our clients from information and cyber security risks. Our team equips the firm with the knowledge and tools to measure risk, identify and mitigate threats and protect against unauthorized disclosure of confidential information for our clients, internal business functions, and our extended supply chain.
SECURITY INCIDENT RESPONSE TEAM (SIRT) supports and enables a comprehensive technical Cyber Defense program for the firm while increasing awareness of current and potential Cyber Threats. Works across the organization to operate efficiently, provide technical
investigative support and mitigate threats to the firm.
Do you enjoy solving challenging puzzles? Protecting critical networks from cyber-attacks? Designing and integrating state-of-the-art technical solutions? A position as a Security Data Engineer on Goldman Sachs’ Threat Management Center lets you do all this and more:
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Design and develop data ingest and transform processes
• Engineer streaming data processing pipelines
• Drive adoption of Cloud technology for data processing and warehousing
• Engage with data consumers and producers in order to design appropriate models to suit all needs
• Apply latest technologies in machine learning, data mining, and predictive analytics to correlate the big datasets and events, and derive dynamic cybersecurity rules.
• Collaborate with a global team to continually operate and improve a world-class cyber program by driving the uplift of sensory tools, detection tuning, and access to data sources to increase detection effectiveness by applying data analytics.
• Participate in a 24x7 coverage model to prevent and remediate security threats against Goldman Sachs’ global business network.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• 5+ years of relevant work experience in a team-focused environment
• Bachelor’s degree (Masters preferred) in a computational field (Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, or in a related quantitative discipline)
• Working knowledge one or more programming languages (Python, Java, C++, C#, etc.)
• Extensive knowledge and proven experience applying domain driven design to build complex business applications
• Deep understanding of multidimensionality of data, data curation and data quality, such as traceability, security, performance latency and correctness across supply and demand processes
• In-depth knowledge of relational and columnar SQL databases, including database design
• Excellent communications skills and the ability to work with subject matter experts to extract critical concepts
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize work effectively
• Independent thinker, willing to engage, challenge or learn
• Highly motivated self-starter who can provide thought leadership in big data analytics
• Strong work ethic, a sense of ownership and urgency
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Responsive to challenging tasking.
• Ability to document and explain technical details in a concise and understandable manner.
• Strong sense of ownership and driven to manage tasks to completion.
• Financial Services industry experience
• Previous work experience in Cyber Security field is a plus.
• Experience with the Hadoop eco-system (HDFS, Spark)
• Experiance with cloud based big data platforms such as AWS or Google a plus.
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.