Goldman Sachs Technology Risk is leading threat, risk analysis and data science initiatives
that are helping to protect the firm and our clients from information and cyber security risks. Our team equips the firm with the knowledge and tools to measure risk, identify and mitigate threats and protect against unauthorized disclosure of confidential information for our clients, internal business functions, and our extended supply chain.
SECURITY INCIDENT RESPONSE TEAM (SIRT) supports and enables a comprehensive technical Cyber Defense program for the firm while increasing awareness of current and potential Cyber Threats. Works across the organization to operate efficiently, provide technical
investigative support and mitigate threats to the firm.
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
Do you enjoy analyzing cyber-threats? Correlating cyber-attack patterns? Preventing cyber-attacks before they start? A position as a Cyber Threat Analyst in Goldman Sachs’ Threat Management Center lets you do all this and more!
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Decipher attack motivations and techniques by correlating threat data from various sources to complete a comprehensive picture of potential cyber-attacks
• Enable a world-class cyber defense program by working closely with other technical, incident management, and forensic personnel to develop a fuller understanding of the intent, objectives, and activity of cyber threat actors
• Research and evaluate technical and all-source cyber intelligence to develop in-depth assessments of threats to Goldman Sachs networks, systems, users, and data
• Develop unique ways to conduct complex cyber intelligence analysis and awareness through collaboration with other Goldman Sachs divisions and trusted outside organizations
• Engage in leading edge threat analysis by using a combination of standard intelligence methods and business processes to uncover advanced threat actors
• Work at the forefront of designing an innovative threat and security incident management solution
• Enable advanced threat intelligence by creating technical assessments and cyber threat profiles of current events based on inventive collection and research using classified and open information sources
• Develop and maintain analytical procedures to meet changing requirements and enable more strategic detections
• Convey complicated technical analysis to senior management via investigation synopses, graphical depictions of attacks, and comprehensive presentations.
• Participate in a 24x7 coverage model to prevent and remediate security threats against Goldman Sachs’ global business network.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Excellent oral, written, and presentation communication skills required
• Strong English verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to multitask and prioritize work effectively
• Highly motivated self-starter
• Attention to detail.
• Responsive to challenging tasking
• Strong sense of ownership and driven to manage tasks to completion.
• Minimum of 6 years of cyber threat intelligence experience in a critical infrastructure sector.
• Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, System/Computer Engineering, Cyber-Security, or Information Security is preferred. Four (4) years of additional work experience may be substituted in lieu of a Bachelor’s Degree. Bachelors of Science/Arts in Forensic Computing, System/Computer Engineering, Data Science, Engineering, Operations Research, Applied Intelligence Analysis, Psychology, Political Science, or Decision Science will be considered.
• Coursework or experience in computer science, computer security, computer networking, system design, system integration, software development, and emerging technologies preferred.
• For positions within the US, Intelligence Analysis experience with an intelligence or law enforcement agency or Service Cryptologic Element (e.g. NSA, CIA, JTF-GNO, US Cyber Command, Service Cyber Commands, or Federal Law Enforcement Cyber Unit) preferred.
• Experience mentoring junior analysts, conducting quality control of intelligence products, and leading internal projects.
• Experience conducting comprehensive briefings or presentations to a variety of audiences with a wide range of technical understanding. Cross-industry information sharing experience a plus.
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.