CONSUMER (MARCUS BY GOLDMAN SACHS)
Marcus by Goldman Sachs is the firm’s consumer business, combining the entrepreneurial spirit of a startup with 150 years of experience. Today, Marcus has $50 billion in deposits, $5 billion in loan balances and 4 million customers across our lending and deposits businesses, as well as the personal financial management app, Clarity Money. Through the use of insights and intuitive design, we provide customers with powerful tools and products that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity. We are backed by our unique team, comprised of individual contributors from leading agile technology companies, fintechs and consumer financial services companies, allowing us to disrupt the industry, while helping consumers take control of their financial lives.
Job Summary & Responsibilities
• You will be part of the risk function for the business: including building the post charge-off recovery strategies for contractual and specialty segments, developing new channel opportunities and enhancing customer assistance programs
• You will be involved in forecasting post charge-off recovery dollars based on internally observed performance and participate in budgeting and planning sessions
• You will create and own critical performance reporting for executive leadership teams, proactively identify opportunities for continuous improvement and influence leadership on the value of various strategies
• You will leverage frameworks to build a testing agenda that improves customer segmentation and behavior-based strategies
• You will work closely with business partners, legal, compliance and data analytics to ensure new strategies are fully compliant and successfully monitored
• Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field (Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Engineering etc.)
• At least 4 years of experience in loss mitigation strategy and analytics
• At least 2 years of experience in recovery strategy and analytics
• At least 2 year of experience with KnowledgeSeeker, SAS Enterprise Miner or similar statistical software products
• At least 2 years of experience coding in SQL and proficiency in extracting data from RDBMS databases
• Experience in building and executing strategic testing agenda including authoring credit decisions
• Hands-on experience with regression modeling including linear and logistic regression
• Ability to explain data analysis to drive business ideas and outcomes
• Strong project and reputational risk management skills
• Must be self-directed, detail oriented, driven, able to work independently in a team-oriented and fast -paced environment
• Experience with multiple consumer loan products with at least 1 year of experience in unsecured installment loans
• Experience in building post charge-off recovery strategies
• Experience in designing and conducting statistically sound tests through robust design of experiments
• At least 2 year of experience coding in Python or R
• Experience and/or knowledge in machine learning algorithms (Random Forest, KNN, SVM, Gradient Boosting Algorithms etc.) is a plus
• Experience designing and building digital collections solutions and strategies is a plus
CONSUMER AND INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT DIVISION (CIMD)
The Consumer and Investment Management Division includes Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM), Private Wealth Management (PWM) and our Consumer business (Marcus by Goldman Sachs). We provide asset management, wealth management and banking expertise to consumers and institutions around the world. CIMD partners with various teams across the firm to help individuals and institutions navigate changing markets and take control of their financial lives
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity