Goldman Sachs Asset Management is one of the world’s leading asset management institutions. GSAM delivers innovative investment solutions managing more than One Trillion US Dollars on a global, multi-product platform. Our products include Hedge Funds, Private Equity, Fund of Funds, Quantitative Strategies, Fixed Income, Fundamental Equity and a Global Portfolio Solutions Business. GSAM Technology is directly aligned to the
business. Software is engineered in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, adapting to market and customer needs to deliver robust solutions in an ever-changing business environment.
GSAM Technology builds on top of cutting edge in-house platforms complimented with a strong focus on leveraging open source solutions.
Consumer and Investment Management Division (CIMD)
The Investment Management Division, comprised originally of Goldman Sachs Asset Management and Private Wealth Management, provides asset management and wealth management solutions to world-class institutions and individual investors globally. The division is now the home of the new Consumer Digital Finance portfolio, helping customers meet their personal financial goals through the provision of innovative retail banking products and solutions.
CIMD Digital is looking to hire a System Engineer to join the their DevOps / SRE group that is responsible for architecture, change, release and infrastructure management of a multitude of external facing application suites. The individual will work closely with the existing team to handle day-to-day operations as well as responsible for adapting the industry best practices for DevOps/SRE and recommend new techniques and methodologies in this area. The role will involve working closely with internal and external teams to collaborate on automation of build, release and robust global monitoring of the digital platform.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Hands on experience with build and release management procedures. Proficient in industry standard SDLC tools such as SVN, Git, JIRA, Jenkins, Maven, Gradle etc..
• Maintain services once they are in production by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health
• Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity
• Experience in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems
• Experience and curiosity in debugging and optimizing code for routine task automation
• Excellent Communications skills are essential – both verbal and written
• You must have experience managing multiple tasks and using sound judgment when prioritizing and escalating
• You must have extensive experience of issue investigation and root cause analysis of a technical nature
• You must be able to work with deeply technical engineers, identify gaps that need addressing, and hold them to account
• A successful candidate will be able to balance project management trade-offs, own decisions and communicate effectively with senior stakeholders across business, partners, vendors, internal technology stakeholders and technology peers, with an eye towards influencing and driving positive business outcomes
• Proficient in web security architecture. Experience in securing web platforms against common security threats such as XSS, CSRF, DDoS etc
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• BSc or Masters degree
• 5-8 years recent hands on experience in software industry
• 3+ years of experience with monitoring and service management tools such as PagerDuty, AppDynamics, Splunk and Service Now
• Energetic, self-directed and self-motivated, able to build and sustain long-term relationships with clients and colleagues
• Intuitively coalesce towards problems with an open mind, within the context of a team
• Exceptional analytical skills, able to apply knowledge and experience in decision-making to arrive at creative and commercial solutions
• Strong desire to learn and contribute solutions and ideas to a broad team
• Exposure to Lean, Agile, Six Sigma, BPM and ITIL preferable
• Exposure to front-end web and mobile technologies and frameworks
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity