Fixed Income, Currency, and Commodities (FICC) Technology plays a key role in the firm’s
ability to help institutional clients buy and sell financial instruments on liquidity venues
around the world, an important revenue driver for the firm. In FICC Technology we use both open source industry standard and internal proprietary technologies to build cutting edge platforms for pricing, execution, and control over each of these millions of transactions.
The Global Credit Technology organization is a global team responsible for the technology needs of multiple businesses in the micro space of the Fixed Income, Currencies & Commodities (FICC) Division -- including Credit, Mortgages, Municipals, Emerging Markets, and Bank Loans.
We are looking to grow our team with motivated and experienced technologists who are eager to work in a fast-paced environment. The candidate will be responsible for building new and innovative solutions in addition to enhancing and supporting our existing trading systems and desktop applications. We have a deep pipeline of business driven project requests aimed at automating trading workflows and increasing our competitive advantage with our clients.
The candidate will have a unique opportunity to learn the Credit business through close interactions with traders, sales, strategists, and Franchise managers.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Opportunity to learn and utilize different software stacks, in-house and open source, to build distributed server side and desktop solutions
• Opportunity to acquire in depth knowledge of trading workflows
• Play a big part in design and implementation in a team oriented environment
• Interact directly with the business and other tech teams to build innovative trading solutions
• Considerable growth potential for highly motivated developers
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline
• Experience in software development, including a clear understanding of data structures, algorithms, software design and core programming concepts
• Expertise in object oriented language ( preferably Java )
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Interest in fixed income products and building trading systems
• Team player
• Motivation to learn about trading workflows and financial markets
• Experience building distributed trading systems
• Knowledge of fixed income markets and trading workflows
• Great communication skills
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.