CONSUMER (MARCUS BY GOLDMAN SACHS)
Marcus by Goldman Sachs is the firm’s consumer business, combining the entrepreneurial spirit of a startup with 150 years of experience. Today, Marcus has $50 billion in deposits, $5 billion in loan balances and 4 million customers across our lending and deposits businesses, as well as the personal financial management app, Clarity Money. Through the use of insights and intuitive design, we provide customers with powerful tools and products that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity. We are backed by our unique team, comprised of individual contributors from leading agile technology companies, fintechs and consumer financial services companies, allowing us to disrupt the industry, while helping consumers take control of their financial lives.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• You will be part of the technology function for Marcus, focusing on building a business intelligence architecture that enables the business to operate efficiently
• You should be able to quickly build visualizations on top of AWS / Hadoop / Sybase data to meet business needs, as well as be the thought leader to influence functional heads on new and innovate ways to visualize data that will help drive business value
• You will help design data architecture to enhance existing pipelines as well as build feeds for new data sources
• You will participate in data architecture decisions and partner with technology teams to implement data products in production systems.
• You will work closely with business partners and technology leaders to evaluate new BI tools that can further enhance the business’ ability to analyze data
• You should be able to commercialize data products and influence leadership on the value of these products
• Advanced degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related disciplines
• Hands-on experience with the Hadoop or Spark big data platform and one or more mainstream programming languages (Python, Java, C, Scala, C++, etc.)
• Experience in building data products from ideation to implementation
• At least 2 years experience in a visualization tool such as Tableau or QlikView
• At least 5 years experience dealing with data (structured or unstructured)
• Ability to explain data analysis to drive business ideas
• Strong project management skills
• Experience working in a start-up business or a new business line within a larger organization is preferred
CONSUMER AND INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT DIVISION (CIMD)
The Consumer and Investment Management Division includes Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM), Private Wealth Management (PWM) and our Consumer business (Marcus by Goldman Sachs). We provide asset management, wealth management and banking expertise to consumers and institutions around the world. CIMD partners with various teams across the firm to help individuals and institutions navigate changing markets and take control of their financial lives.
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.