The Secure File Exchange (SFX) Team is responsible for designing, developing and managing the file transfer platform leveraged by the entire firm and its external clients. This highly scalable, highly available platform is facilitating millions of business critical, time-sensitive transactions every day in a secure and audited fashion. You will be working as part of a global, multi-disciplinary agile team responsible for researching, designing, and building new services, API, tools and systems for Engineers across Goldman Sachs. We are at an early stage of modernizing our application stacks for new build pipeline and around public cloud offerings, and you will be directly helping to implement and influence technology strategies that will give our business a competitive edge. You will fulfil a critical role ensuring that our system is healthy, monitored, automated and scalable. You will collaborate with product development teams to continually improve our services and facilitate fast delivery of new products, while eliminating toil and operational work.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• You will be responsible for availability, performance, monitoring, incident response and resolution for platforms and services within Secure File Exchange
• Drive incident management process and support a blameless post-mortems culture
• Partner with development teams to improve services via rigorous testing and release procedures
• Balance feature development velocity and reliability by constructing well-defined SLOs
• Scale systems sustainably by integrating resilience and high availability at all levels
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related technical field that involves programming, or equivalent practical experience.
• Proficiency in one or more of the following languages: Java, Python
• Strong sense of ownership & responsibility for our systems is essential
• Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with a hands-on experience of debugging and optimizing code, as well as automation
• Experience with distributed systems design, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
• Strong interpersonal skills and drive. Excellent communication skills required, able to contribute to discussions on design and strategy.
• Coding beyond simple scripts. Strong opinions on maintainable/reusable code. Desire to build strong and efficient SDLC practices.
• Identify and lead projects to improve availability, stability and performance of systems
• Prior SRE experience highly regarded
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.