Enterprise Design and Global Efficiencies (EDGE) Technology partners with leadership across the firm to create bespoke technology solutions in support of financial management and operational objectives. EDGE systems empower end users by providing timely operational and analytical transparency of revenue reporting, project delivery, and expense management.
Business Finance Engineering is part of Business Finance and Spend Management with a mission to transform the organization financially, operationally, and culturally, in order to achieve efficiencies and empower consumers in the business. The team provides innovative platforms and tools which enable senior leaders, CFOs, product owners, finance, management and strategy teams across the firm to analyze their investment structures, drive efficiencies and forecast future changes.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Facilitate Scrum events and other ad-hoc meetings for teams. Facilitating multi-team events like Big Room Planning, Scrum of Scrums, and story mapping
• Assist Product Owners and teams in story writing, backlog maintenance and prioritization and planning. Facilitating creation and prioritization of program-level feature and architectural backlogs
• Serve as teams’ or programs’ information radiator, representing the team or program to senior management, stakeholders and sponsors
• Effectively use metrics and data visualization to report progress and support data-driven decision making at the team or program level
• Facilitate estimation and planning at the team or program level. Assisting in creating useful, reliable and practical forecasts for delivery sprints and releases
• Coach developer, designer and product team members in Agile practices, values and principles
• Coach more junior Scrum Masters
• Help teams and individuals clarify goals, and actions to achieve them
• Shield the team from outside distractions, context switching and interference
• Track and remove impediments
• Assess the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and coaching to higher levels of maturity
• Build a safe environment with an emphasis on collaboration and problem solving
• Participate in Agile Communities of Practice across Goldman Sachs
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Masters / Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electronics Engineering or related technical discipline
• Experience in understanding software design & development, with preferred understanding of software design and programming concepts
• Comfortable with multi-tasking, managing multiple stakeholders and working as part of a global team
• Comfortable working in highly dynamic and rapid development environment
• Can apply an entrepreneurial approach and passion to problem solving and product development
• Solid experience as a Scrum Master for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory
• Prior experience building and testing software or implementing DevOps
• At least 3 years of experience with scaled Agile (SAFe, LESS) in a hands-on leadership role (e.g., Release Train Engineer, Agile Program Manager)
• Knowledge of other approaches in the Agile space: Kanban, Lean, etc.
• Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games, etc.
• Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
• Experience applying a wide variety of well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: numerous Burn down techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Able to communication anywhere from the team level to C-level executives.
• Leadership role in a large-scale Agile transformation
• Experience in Scrum Master and scaled Agile or transformation roles in a variety of different contexts (different team sizes, different organizations, different cultures, co-located vs. distributed, etc.)
• Track record of continued and recent education in Scrum and Agile, including training, conferences, user groups, self-study, etc.
• Active participant in the Agile community
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity