We're a team of specialists charged with managing the firm’s liquidity, capital and risk, and providing the overall financial control and reporting functions. Whether assessing the creditworthiness of the firm’s counterparties, monitoring market risks associated with trading activities, or offering analytical and regulatory compliance support, our work contributes directly to the firm’s success. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail.
The Analyst/Associate will be part of the CIMD Product Controllers team, specifically supporting the Credit Alternatives and Private Wealth Management business units. The successful candidate will work within a team that is responsible for reviewing daily and monthly P&L and valuation of the Goldman Sachs Business Development Companies (“BDC”) and Market Solutions Group Transactional (“MSG”) platforms within the Consumer and Investment Management Division. The candidate will assist with the monthly price verification process for products including but not limited to bonds, loans, credit derivatives and interest rate products and ensuring accurate Financial Reporting and Disclosures. The candidate will interact with the portfolio management team and traders and support areas such as Operations, Risk, Technology, Fund Accounting and Investor relations.
- Perform daily transaction analysis, exception review and support ongoing P&L and FX reporting requirements
- Perform pricing review of third party vendors and broker-dealers; and conduct key discussions with third party vendors on pricing challenges
- Perform monthly independent price verification on portfolio and NAV and performance review to official fund administrator
- Perform quarterly valuation process for public debt which may include yield and discounted cash flow analyses
- Perform quarterly oversight of the BDC 10-Q financial statements including review of MD&A financial statement disclosures; perform annual review of 10-K financials and external audit process
- Understanding of SOX 404 framework and document key supporting evidence of SOX controls
Experience / Skills:
- Degree in Finance / Accounting
- 2-5 years relevant work experience (public and/or private)
- Relevant work experience
- Extensive Microsoft Office experience (Excel/PowerPoint/Access)
- Ability to multi-task, very good time management skills and execution skills
- Able to work with a team under pressure
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills
- Ability to use initiative and work accurately with minimum supervision
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.