Prime Services is a technology intensive business that aims to provide our clients with all
the tools and services to run their business. In Prime Services Technology we regularly
consider new technology products available in the market or in the firm to meet our clients’
needs and high trading volumes. As a result, we are constantly expanding our platform to offer clients more products, creating opportunities for people in the group to gain experience in a variety of different technologies.
Equities Engineers focus on designing, developing and maintaining the global infrastructure which underpins Equities sales and trading at Goldman Sachs.
These engineers work across a variety of problem domains and software stacks to create leverage in our various Equities cash and derivatives business lines. These problem spaces include:
• High-throughput, latency-sensitive order management, electronic trading and client connectivity systems
• Adaptable algorithmic trading platforms
• Performance-sensitive user interfaces
• Adaptive, robust trading controls
• Workflow management platforms
• Platforms to optimally manage cash and securities inventory
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Equities Engineers employ a variety of technical skills and their work spans many technical domains, including systems software, compilers, user interfaces and modern webstacks, data (structured and unstructured), pricing, risk and analytics, test engineering, software controls and SDLC.
• Senior Developers are expected to assume a technical leadership role and drive strategic initiatives across a number of different product lines.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Minimum 5 years industry experience
• Experience programming in a variety of languages, including a compiled language (e.g. C, C++, Java), in a UNIX or Linux development environment
• Played a lead role in requirements gathering, design and implementation phases of a significant system
• Ability to prioritize and balance immediate deliverables with longer term strategic initiatives
• Well-versed with the complete software life cycle and familiarity with a number of SDLC tools
• Ability to multitask and lead other developers
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Bachelor’s degree / Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
• Well-informed views on SDLC practices, including version control, testing, change management, deployment and maintenance
• Experienced user of open source, third party technologies
• Experience with several of the following: real-time systems, large-scale, distributed systems, operating systems design, compilers, user interface technologies, modern webstacks, databases, functional programming, and test engineering.
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.