Goldman Sachs Asset Management is one of the world’s leading asset management institutions. GSAM delivers innovative investment solutions managing more than One Trillion US Dollars on a global, multi-product platform. Our products include Hedge Funds, Private Equity, Fund of Funds, Quantitative Strategies, Fixed Income, Fundamental Equity and a Global Portfolio Solutions Business. GSAM Technology is directly aligned to the
business. Software is engineered in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, adapting to market and customer needs to deliver robust solutions in an ever-changing business environment.
GSAM Technology builds on top of cutting edge in-house platforms complimented with a strong focus on leveraging open source solutions.
Fixed Income / Money Markets Technology supports the largest business unit in GSAM and one of the top Fixed Income asset managers in the world with over $800 billion under management. The business manages money for large institutional investors and runs several mutual and hedge funds spanning a broad spectrum of sophisticated Fixed Income securities and geographies. GSAM Fixed Income has extensive and growing global presence with key offices in New York, London, Tokyo, Singapore and Bengaluru.
The role offers a unique opportunity to work side-by-side with the Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) Fixed Income professionals and deliver the latest technology solutions while learning finance. Fixed Income Technology is a global team of approximately 60 developers working directly with the Fixed Income business on all aspects of the investment process: Portfolio construction, Trading and Risk Management. The Engineering team is based in New York, Burlington, London and Bengaluru.
As an engineer in the global fixed income team you will be working directly with traders, portfolio managers and desk heads to digitize and automate their portfolio construction and trading flows as part of the GSAM business growth strategy.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Learn the Finance business while building out internal applications and external websites used by clients, insurance wrap providers and fund managers. This unique position offers the candidate an opportunity to work in a collaborative environment using the latest technology and first hand exposure to Finance.
• The GSAM Stable Value technology team is located in lovely Burlington, Vermont. The view of Lake Champlain and the Adirondack mountains from the office is spectacular, and we are in the center of a vibrant downtown with cafes, restaurants and shopping centers.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• 2+ years of software development experience
• Fluency in Java or other JVM language
• Comfortable working with users to support existing applications and gather requirements
• Ability to integrate into and work well within a global team
• Interest in Finance
• Familiarity with Financial Tech
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.