FOUNDATIONAL TECHNOLOGY GROUP develops common solutions for managing our infrastructure including enterprise monitoring, alerting, system configuration management, provisioning and service management to reduce risk and operating costs within our environment.
Enterprise Technology Operations (ETO) is a Technology Business Unit focused on running scalable production management services with a mandate of operational excellence and operational risk reduction that is achieved through large scale automation, best-in-class engineering and by leveraging data sciences and machine learning. ETO’s Engineering team apply software engineering to production management services including availability, latency, performance, efficiency, service management, capacity planning & monitoring. ETO Engineers drive automation by building and adopting tools and practices that enable standardization of Technology’s runtime environment. ETO Engineering team uses big data processing, machine learning, real-time streaming analytics and simplified visualization/interaction to give computer systems the ability to learn and automate many of the tasks that humans would normally perform manually to run the bank’s systems. This is achieved through sophisticated engineering; autonomics and machine learning that statistically and inductively help understand the behaviour of these complex systems. An individual in this role is responsible for design, development, deployment and support of products and platforms that leverage JAVA based technologies and enable large scale event processing in engineering products in ETO. The individual will engage in full-stack development that may be required to achieve the desired outcomes.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Design component as well as integration architecture for large scale web applications
• Develop, test and support features for globally deployed web apps
• Follow best practices throughout the project lifecycle
• Participate in team-wide design and code reviews
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent or higher) in Computer Science, Information Technology, Electronics and Communication. Overall 4 – 8 years of experience with a minimum of 2 years in developing Java-based applications
• Minimum 2 years of Core Java Programming with Collections Framework, Concurrent Programming, Multi-threading
• Testing frameworks (Eg:Junit)
• Unix/Linux experience
• Strong communication skills with a track record of working and collaborating with global teams
• Must possess the ability to handle multiple on-going assignments and be able to work independently in addition to contributing as part of a highly collaborative and globally dispersed team
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to break down and communicate complex issues, ideas and solutions
• Thorough knowledge and experience in all phases of SDLC
• Working knowledge of using various SDLC tools such as Gradle, Maven, SVN, JIRA, etc
• Experience with using Spring framework to build Enterprise Java-based applications
• Working knowledge of enterprise database systems (Sybase or DB2)
• Experience with NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB, ElasticSearch
• Experience with various messaging systems, such as TIBCO EMS, Kafka or RabbitMQ
• Experience with Caching solutions like Hazelcast or other equivalent solutions
• Experience with building stream-processing systems, using Spark-Streaming
• Knowledge and experience in building conversational user interfaces enabled by AI
• Programming in Perl, Python or UNIX Shell script.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity