Deployment and Runtime Platform is responsible for Goldman Sachs’ mission critical production platforms including: - Private and public Cloud computing platform - Distributed scheduling - Entitlements platform - Security and critical infrastructure services - Linux and Windows engineering - Core data centre platforms including network and storage You will be part of a diverse global technical team focusing on critical business problems interacting with multiple businesses, operations and technology teams. We are responsible for a critical client facing function and aim to innovate and drive solutions through technology that will impact the bottom line for the firm.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Engage with application development teams to improve the whole lifecycle of services—from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement.
• Participate in system design consulting, platform management and capacity planning.
• Develop software and systems architectural frameworks and tooling.
• Maintain services by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
• Create and sustain scalable systems and services through automation and uplifts.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• 3 or more years of experience in a relevant role (DevOps, Reliability Engineering, Systems Administration, Application Programming, etc)
• Team player, eager to work in a global organization
• Energy, self-motivation and independence to manage multiple tasks
• Experience with distributed compute systems
• Highly knowledgeable of at least one of Linux or Windows platforms running key business applications
• Knowledgeable of many other areas of technology (networking, hardware, etc)
• Highly entrepreneurial and motivated
• Highly organized
• Strong interpersonal skills - good client facing skills as well as excellent oral and written communication
• Exposure to Linux / Unix environment and advanced knowledge and experience of automating / scripting tasks is essential
• Hands on experience in production deployment and release management
• Hands on experience in troubleshooting and debugging application issues
• Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in a highly available and mission critical service
• Knowledge of at least one programming language (Erlang, Python, Perl, C++, C, Java, SQL) beyond basic scripting is a key advantage
• Experience managing performance, availability and scale of mid- to large-sized systems (Experience of building and running high availability systems is an advantage)
• Experience with all stages in the lifecycle of large distributed systems: inception, analysis, design, implementation, runtime, maintenance
• Good knowledge of at least one database product (like MSQL / PostgreSQL / DB2) (Knowledge of NOSQL products like MongoDB would be an advantage)
• Possesses good knowledge of different software systems, client/server architectures and various compatibility requirements
• Knowledge on Software Development Lifecycles and methodologies, Release Management Process & Products are added advantage
• Familiarity with open source automation / configuration tools such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible or SaltStack would be an advantage
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity