We're a team of specialists charged with managing the firm’s liquidity, capital and risk, and providing the overall financial control and reporting functions. Whether assessing the creditworthiness of the firm’s counterparties, monitoring market risks associated with trading activities, or offering analytical and regulatory compliance support, our work contributes directly to the firm’s success. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail.
The successful candidate will work within a team responsible for the private equity and debt valuation processes across multiple funds totaling $7bn in AUM.
He/she will be responsible for the valuation of investments across private equity funds, hedge funds and real estate funds managed by the Consumer and Investment Management business.
He/she will interact with controller’s management and portfolio management team.
He/she will be responsible for all investor reporting around the private investments.
- Responsible for price verification of private equity, debt and real estate positions
- Involvement in third party valuation processes
- Involvement in external/internal Audit review processes
- Responsible for investor reporting around the private portfolio
- Responsible for valuation committee meeting presentations
- Daily interaction with Portfolio Managers, Operations, Legal and Compliance
- Ensure correct levels of control and independence is in place
- Reconciliation of private valuation to Fund Administrator
Experience / Skills
- Degree in Finance / Accounting, CPA/CFA or MBA preferred
- 3-5 years relevant work experience (public and/or private)
- Working knowledge of private equity and private debt valuations, including knowledge of market approaches, income approaches (DCF), liquidation approach, etc.
- A strong understanding of WACC, CAPM and equity value allocation models, including Contingent Claims Analysis models
- A strong understanding of fixed income and equities markets and the alternative investment management industry
- A strong understanding of private equity, private real estate, and hedge fund structures (including Side Pockets)
- A strong understanding of valuation accounting disclosures
- Strong interpersonal (verbal and written communication) skills, including experience presenting/communicating with senior managers
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Results driven and great multitasking skills
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.