Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
ABOUT THIS JOB
The Market Structure Strategy team is responsible for trading and markets strategic development for the Securities Division. We maintain expertise in market structure developments, shape insights into long-term strategies, and lead execution of strategic priorities. Market Structure Strategy is an impact driven team, comprised of dynamic and entrepreneurial market and infrastructure experts.
The US Equities Lead will be responsible for developing and executing our US Equities market structure strategy (cash & derivatives) including external engagement with clients, regulators and other market participants.
- Establish and maintain the GS house view on market structure themes
- Lead strategic internal and external initiatives aligned with GS priorities
- Maintain market-leading expertise on market structure developments and draft position papers disseminated regularly to internal stakeholders and opportunistically to clients
- Research, evaluate and plan for new growth opportunities
- Work closely across multiple functional areas to execute strategic priorities
- Stay abreast of key industry trends to make recommendations on new revenue opportunities
- Identify, collect and analyze metrics to drive revenue growth and operating expense savings
- 10+ years of working experience in the US equity markets with a focus on electronic trading
- Strategic thinker with advanced analytical skills
- Strong commercial acumen and business judgment
- Ability to manage concurrent and time sensitive projects, and to drive short- and long-term initiatives
- Passion for market microstructure and technologies
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Exceptional communication, writing and interpersonal skills
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity