Design and deliver great products that satisfy the firm’s business needs and achieve adoption. Our practitioners have expertise in user research, interaction design, visual design, and front end development. This unique skill set allows us to partner with business and technology teams firm-wide to create applications that are easy to use, engaging, powerful, and competitive.
Engineer open systems that allow collaborative development from all individuals at the firm. Deliver unified social and collaboration strategy and product set. Enhance the productivity of our engineers by integrating social tools into their business workflows. Enable connectivity between our people and our clients.
The Digital Experience’s Productivity and Web team is responsible for building and delivering the tools which power the firm's growing investment in its strategic marketing and social media presence. The team is seeking an experienced full stack Software/Developer engineer to focus on extending and expanding the firm's marketing and analytics platform. The application stack, a centralized data consortium consolidating datasets and automating ETL for social media paid-advertising insights (CPM, CPP and more) from multiple external data points (including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram et al), looks to measure and optimize the firm’s social media spend.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture.
• Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
• Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
• Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS ‘big data’ technologies.
• Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
• Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
• Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Back-end development skills, ideally in Java or a similar OO language.
• Working knowledge of databases (NoSQL and/or relational), RESTful service architectures, and Web architecture components (e.g., NGINX, Varnish, Apache, etc.)
• Experience collaborating with Business Users with minimal technology knowledge
• Candidates should understand how a site functions visually, be able to execute new functionality within a design's grammar, and show the capability to spot and correct visual defects.
• Strong communication skills, including experience working with other development teams and business users.
• Experience coding accessible websites (particularly experience with Semantic HTML5 and/or WCAG Compliance).
• Knowledge working on ETL
• Knowledge working on Business Intelligence and Data Analytic tooling
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity