Make data a strategic asset for the enterprise by providing a platform that enables the structuring, management, integration, control, discovery, usage, and governance of our Data Assets.
• The Tech Infra Domain Model application (TIDM) is a high-performance query system which is used by over a thousand applications across the company to get data about people, data center equipment, servers, and applications.
• You will develop features to extend the system based on new requirements and design changes
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• All roles in Data Architecture offer the opportunity to work Directly with various senior stakeholder across Technology Division and their Business sponsors.
• Participate in design, build out, and maintenance of a distributed, multi-region, scalable, resilient platform. Collaborate with core engineering consumers and the BU aligned development community at large to analyze and resolve escalations.
• You will collect requirements, and assess technical feasibility of their requests of your clients and adjacent technology platforms
• Your clients’ background range from very technical engineers, to more functional and business facing analysts and managers. Partner with other engineering teams to understand technology offerings and how they can be applied and leveraged as part of our solutions.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• 3+ years of experience with Java, and a good grasp of Java development, Object Oriented Analysis and Design and testing best practices.
• Experience with JVM performance tuning and resolving operational issues with high performance distributed systems
• Experience using ERM-based query systems to get data from SQL databases & make it available to applications
• Good understanding of distributed, high availability systems
• Ability to write shell scripts to automate deployment & support processes
• Familiar with monitoring/alerting/metrics tools used to support distributed REST-based systems, for example Splunk
• Strong technical skills, analytical mindset, self-motivated, independent, creative, can solve interesting and sometimes difficult technical problems under time pressure and resource constraints
• Commercially focused; seeks to understand the requirements and how they will benefit our clients, stakeholders, and business
• Experience building and sustaining long-term relationships with clients and colleagues in a diverse global organization
• udgment to prioritize and escalate issues in order to influence objectives and outcomes.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including experience working directly with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity