Full Time Vice President
Risk Division – Risk Governance and Testing
About Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a bank holding company and a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. We provide a wide range of services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial investors, governments, non-profit organizations and high net worth individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Singapore, Dallas, Bengaluru, Mumbai and other major financial centers around the world.
Risk Governance and Testing:
- Risk Governance: The group is responsible for managing Risk Division’s operational risk and regulatory risk.
- Makes our operating risks transparent through a suite of standards, processes, and tools which embed governance and quality assurance in process design throughout the data lifecycle
- Designs, operates, and reports on all aspects of its governance framework, including development of governance templates, standards, guidelines, and tracking of key performance indicators
- Designs, operates, and reports on all aspects of its internal control and self-assessment framework, including a process verification framework that measures and monitors process and control design effectiveness
- Manages regulatory assessments and interactions
- Maintains inventories and assessments of models, measures, and policy/regulatory obligations; and
- Provides risk oversight of the business unit and reporting to senior management, increasing transparency of risks and influencing decision making and prioritization
- Risk Testing Group: An independent review group within the Risk Division, with an aim to provide assurance over the design and operating effectiveness of the firm’s second line risk functions.
- Performs quantitative validation of key regulatory deliverables for the firm
- Manages and conducts independent assessments and testing of process and control design
- Ensures continuous monitoring over processes, underlying data, and supporting controls for the Risk Division.
- Identifies potential material errors or omissions related to data accuracy, conformance with regulatory instructions, and ongoing effectiveness of key controls. .
- Prepares metrics and reporting to Risk Division senior management and governance committees
- Automates test methodology and test approaches using an object oriented programming language
- Leverages reporting suites (such as Tableau) to create and deliver cutting edge reports for the Risk Division