Quantum technologies have the potential to profoundly affect the global economy. In this role, you will work as a member of a new quantum computing research team who are at the forefront of pushing applications of quantum technologies. You will work closely with other technology teams and internal end users at the firm to deliver world-class research that advances the state of the art. Your work will be in collaboration with leading quantum research groups in the academic, private, and public sectors.
As part of this team, you can make meaningful progress towards accelerating the development of the quantum technology industry.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Develop and publish world-class research in quantum technology
• Work as part of new quantum computing research team in R&D Engineering
• Identify and research applications of quantum computing in the bank
• Work with business teams across the firm, and with commercial and academic partners in this effort
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Research experience in quantum algorithms and/or optimization and machine learning as demonstrated by one or more first author publications or projects
• Experience and skill working in a collaborative environment
• Strong programming skills (experience with quantum programming environments is optional)
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity