You know you’re a fit if you care deeply about the reliability of your software processes, and loath the smell of poor quality in the data shrine. You are part detective, part auditor, a junior developer, a competent pattern recognizer, and can be quite obsessive about ‘details’. You are equally comfortable explaining your team's findings to management as you are discussing your upcoming initiative to stress test and break production systems, in a safely and formally coordinated of course. You are a champion of justice for our data customers, aggregating deficiencies and feedback into formal engineering goals. You look forward to collaborating with product teams and customers alike, and expect to build many long lasting relationships with them.
Reference Data at Goldman Sachs is the central data repository that nearly all teams depend upon. Your impact and potential to affect global change in this role cannot be understated; you will be on the front line of innovation with one of the largest banks in the world. The Data Reliability Engineering teams are responsible for the reliability of Reference Data products and the quality of our data environments. We're always improving our systems, ensuring our customers have the best experience possible.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• As a Reliability Analyst you will help Goldman Sachs ensure that its regulatory mandates, internal risk and privacy controls, and the resilience built into our products continue to deliver the highest quality experience to our customers.
• Your focus is on incident trend analysis, audit of incident action item completions, coordinating remediation of technical risk, capacity planning analysis, and automation of human workflows – about 50% analysis/scripting and 25% incident.
• You will support chaos engineering events under guidance of the global team lead, and produce regular reports and summaries for management becoming a critical guide for our engineering efforts, all while extending your own software developer skillset on a world class team.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• B.S. in Computer Science, Operations Research, or other algorithm/technology focus
• Proficiency with Unix/Linux and CLI, SQL, scripting and automation is a solid plus.
• Ability to pass an intermediate level CoderPad review in JAVA.
• Excellent English written communication and verbal presentation.
• Excellent interpersonal skills including coordinating and following up with multiple stakeholders
• Experience prioritizing tasks, solving complex problems, and delivering results
• Strong attention to detail
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity