Goldman Sachs Asset Management is one of the world’s leading asset management institutions. GSAM delivers innovative investment solutions managing more than One Trillion US Dollars on a global, multi-product platform. Our products include Hedge Funds, Private Equity, Fund of Funds, Quantitative Strategies, Fixed Income, Fundamental Equity and a Global Portfolio Solutions Business. GSAM Technology is directly aligned to the
business. Software is engineered in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, adapting to market and customer needs to deliver robust solutions in an ever-changing business environment.
GSAM Technology builds on top of cutting edge in-house platforms complimented with a strong focus on leveraging open source solutions.
Desk aligned teams that work directly with various GSAM Trading Desks (AIMS, Fixed Income, Fundamental Equity, Global Portfolio Solutions, Goldman Sachs Investment Partners, and Quantitative Investment Strategies) to design, deliver and support strategic
solutions covering all aspects of the investment process: research, portfolio construction, trade planning, trade execution, reporting and risk management.
Role entails to partner with risk specialists and an energetic team in building and owning a risk platform.
At the core of our platform is a modern web stack built on Angular, RESTful services,dynamic compute - using a variety of open-source, commercial, and proprietary technologies.
You will engineer software across all phases of the software development life-cycle: partnering with risk professionals to design new features, building those features, creating and running tests, receiving feedback, and delivering enhancements. You will have the opportunity to work at all levels of the tech stack.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Partner with risk specialists in engineering solutions covering the gamut of liquidity, counterparty and market risk
• Develop new features from the ground up, by aligning with firms principles and needs, complementing with your own creativity to the mix
• Work in a passionate team with a strong emphasis on creating customer centric solutions.
• Self-motivated to explore new technologies and comfortable with self-directed learning
• Partner with business to create new tools and workflows that will maximize the commercial impact to the division
• Work with stakeholders to rapidly iterate on initial designs and refine the product
• Partner with other teams to integrate the platform into existing workflows and tools as they mature
• Own projects end to end leading with the right design and development principles
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• 3-5 years of hands on development experience(Java/Full stack) with exposure to the full software development lifecycle
• Stong in JAVA/one of the object oriented programming languages.
• Relational database experience (e.g. Sybase, UDB) and/or ORM frameworks
• Strong data structures, algorithms and design patterns knowledge
• Strong work ethic, with a sense of ownership and urgency
• Excellent communications skills(written & oral) and the ability to work with subject matter experts
• Ability to stay commercially focused and to always push for quantifiable commercial impact
• Strong team player, required to work extensively with other teams locally and globally
• Prior experience in working on financial risk systems in capital markets desirable
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity