Goldman Sachs is seeking a senior Windows systems engineer to lead engineering and delivery of major Windows enterprise platforms for the bank, including our next generation of Virtual Desktop and Windows server infrastructure. The successful candidate will deliver a compelling strategy for On-Premises and Cloud desktop and server platforms, together with associated infrastructure and management capabilities. The candidate will manage across infrastructure engineering teams, cloud vendors and consulting resources to engineer & deliver these solutions. Joining as a senior engineer / Windows architect within the User Platform Engineering team, the candidate should possess at least 10 years of professional experience with deep expertise in Windows operating systems, configuration management, Windows build engineering, Powershell scripting, build performance testing, and lifecycle management. The candidate will have deep expertise in relevant technologies including Active Directory, Microsoft Group Policy, x86 Hypervisors including ESXi, Hyper-V and KVM, VDI ecosystems including Citrix and VMWare, as well as TCP/IP networking and general technology infrastructure experience . The candidate will have relevant knowledge and hands-on experience with software development practices, including modern SDLC processes, and C#/Java and/or PowerShell experience. The Ideal candidate will also be able to research, advise, collaborate and present strategic options to senior management in these areas. The User Platform Engineering team is responsible for the Windows desktop, server, remote access, authentication and associated management platforms for Goldman Sachs. The team architects and engineers the Microsoft operating systems and enterprise products including Windows 10, Windows Server 2016/2019, Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft SCCM, third-party VDI products including Citrix Virtual Apps & Desktops, as well as multiple custom in-house systems & configuration management and software delivery platforms. Our in-house systems are written primarily in C#, but also with Java, PowerShell and other languages.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Architect & Engineer various Windows server and desktop environments to support the global requirements of Goldman Sachs
• Leverage a global team of highly motivated infrastructure engineers, software developers, and architects within and across team boundaries to deliver world class solutions
• Evaluate, advise and present “build vs. buy” options for the various capabilities and services delivered by User Platform Engineering
• Drive full software product lifecycle: analysis, technical design, testing, release, support
• Collaborate with external teams on product requirements, feature design and problem solving
• Engineer user-facing products meeting high expectations of User eXperience
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Bachelor’s Degree or similar experience, in Computer Science, Information Technology, Electronics or Communication
• Engineering expertise with Citrix and/or VMWare VDI environment
• Experience with public cloud, particularly IaaS, Cloud-native & desktop services
• Deep Windows OS internals and platform engineering experience
• Windows build engineering expertise, particularly experience with SCCM
• Active Directory, Group Policy & Windows security patching experience
• Proficiency in designing, developing and testing enterprise software
• Demonstrated aptitude to learn and adopt new languages
• Development experience in PowerShell
• Experience with SRE methodologies
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity