The Workplace Engineering Tools Development team creates platforms and solutions for interacting with core workplace infrastructure including e-mail, voice, multimedia, and many other domains.
Our software is the backbone of many foundational services that power work across all divisions of the firm. We work closely with engineering groups to identify opportunities for automation, risk reduction, and enablement of new productivity-enhancing products.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• The candidate should possess strong software engineering skills, including skills in the following disciplines: software architecture and design, debugging, and automated testing.
• The candidate will excel in by being able to carefully evaluate difficult technical and operational tradeoffs and communicate them clearly to all levels of management.
• Because our team works directly with our clients, being able to gather requirements and explain software development topics to non-developers is important.
• In addition, as the team posesses employees of all experience levels, a candidate must be able to work efficiently with a diverse set of individuals.
• Further, being able to mentor more junior employees and being able to receive direction from team members at all levels are key skills that will enable success in both the short and long term.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• At least 5 years of software development experience
• Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
• Strong problem solving skills
• Ability to handle several competing priorities at once
• Experience with both server-side and UI development
• Strong proficiency with Java, C#, or similar OO languages
• Experience with client-side web UI frameworks, for instance ReactJS and AngularJS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity