The Private Wealth Management (PWM) business provides end to end Investment Management services and advice across a large range of asset classes for high net worth individuals. PWM leverages a global technology platform offering, an integrated suite of tools, and applications to onboard clients. Our software helps realize a client’s goals and objectives, develops and implements an integrated wealth management plan and delivers first-class client service.
IMD manages $1.5 trillion for private, institutional, and third party clients. We offer a variety of products including separately managed portfolios, mutual funds, hedge funds, liquid alternatives, and funds of funds.
The Finance Engineering team, working closely with many other groups, designs and develops the solutions which support key functions of client portfolio management including: pricing, valuations, performance, risk, and financial reporting – for both internal and external consumers. A few examples of what we do:
• We price ~1.2 million positions every night, and provide the tools to highlight which valuations need further scrutiny or adjustment
• We calculate profit & loss, performance and risk for over 20,000 accounts and funds and make it available to portfolio managers and clients every day
• We consolidate all portfolio market values, net sales and revenues in a data warehouse for divisional management to understand how their business is performing
• We aggregate complex financial information needed for reporting to regulators across many jurisdictions
We do all these things by working closely with divisional management, Controllers, and portfolio management teams.
This role will focus on building out a financial reporting platform leveraging the latest EP products and technologies. We are looking for smart technologists who want to join a global team motivated to provide a useful and scalable solution for our clients. If successful, we believe our product has commercial value even outside of GS.
We are open to a variety of skillsets. Knowledge of financial products is a plus, but not required. Broad range of technologies employed: Java, AngularJS, Hadoop, Kafka, Spark, Scala, Qlikview. We also leverage EP tools like EP Workflow and Datastream.
Role is open to associates or VPs.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment that provides exposure to all areas of Finance
• Build strong relationships with business partners
• Understand business needs, facilitating and developing process workflow, data requirements, and specifications required to support implementation
• Develop technical specifications, high level/detailed design, testing strategies, and implementation plans from business requirements
• Manage end-to-end systems development cycle from requirements analysis, coding, testing, UAT and maintenance
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline
• Experience in software development, including a clear understanding of data structures, algorithms, software design and core programming concepts
• Comfortable multi-tasking, managing multiple stakeholders and working as part of a team
• Excellent communication skills including experience speaking to technical and business audiences and working globally
• Expertise in Java development & Relational Databases, Linux, Perl
• Can apply an entrepreneurial approach and passion to problem solving and product development
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Strong programming experience in at least one compiled language (e.g. C, C++, Java)
• In-depth knowledge of relational and columnar SQL databases, including database design
• Experience with continuous delivery and deployment
• Proficient at working with large and complex code bases
• Comfortable working in highly dynamic and rapid development environment (Agile development experience)
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity