SecDb - Technical Team Lead – New York
The SecDb team is responsible for the engineering and management of a business critical pricing, risk and analytics platform used by all the revenue generating and federation divisions. As a Technical Team Manager, you will be responsible to partner with developers in strategies and business-aligned technology teams in New York and globally, to create solutions, develop new features or improve existing services to meet business requirements. You will be the central lead for the New York region, providing career management, mentoring and oversight for a group of Tech leads that are driving individual initiatives.
Our mission is to keep the core values of SecDb’s success; a collaborative, open development environment, with a rapid development cycle, bringing data and code together providing globally shared and consistent analytics, and uplift the implementation to take advantage of the current technology landscape resulting in an enhanced environment suitable for internal and external clients. We have a variety of exciting projects inflight, from language design, low-level performance and scale enhancements, framework design to cloud native and observability integration.
We are looking for a hands on, engineering team lead who has a strong technical background while also having the ability to lead projects and people in a fast paced, dynamic environment; Understands the importance of using common standards and protocols for integration with existing internal or external systems. Capable to collaborate and compromise with others to achieve a common goal. Focused on user experience and customer satisfaction. Unwilling to compromise on code quality, test coverage, or controls.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• An opportunity to work on the core of a strategically important system at GS, used by both revenue generating and federation divisions.
• Interact with platform users in strategies and business-aligned technology teams spread around the globe and across various timezones.
• Interact directly with the business and other tech teams to build innovative solutions to support the GS business.
• Considerable growth potential for highly motivated developers.
• Play a big part in design and implementation in a team oriented environment.
• Opportunity to acquire in-depth knowledge of financial derivatives pricing and trade modelling
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• A bachelor, master, or PhD in a math or science degree.
• Solid understanding and algorithms and data structures.
• 15+ years of experience in C++ or Java (preferably exposure to both)
• A dynamically typed language (e.g. Python) for 1+ years
• Experience in working with large software systems, distributed computing, and databases (SQL and NoSQL).
• Experience of running teams of 6-20 people, including career management and technical delivery.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity