Goldman Sachs is a meritocracy where you will be given all the tools to help you develop. At Goldman Sachs, you will have access to excellent training programmes designed to improve multiple facets of your skills portfolio. Our in-house training programme, ‘Goldman Sachs University’ offers a comprehensive series of courses that you will have access to as your career progresses. Goldman Sachs University has an impressive catalogue of courses which span technical, business and leadership skills training.
Data Model Engineering provides the platform that unlocks the firm’s data by providing the means to describe, access and manipulate it. It is the heart of a data-centric approach to application development. We engineer modelling languages, Software Development Lifecycle tools, large-scale operational services and portals for access and analysis to achieve this.
Data Model Engineering is part of the Data Intelligence platform whose purpose is to extract the maximum value from the firm’s data at all stages of its life.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Drive, shape and champion data modelling standards within the engineering organization
• Define analytics and tools to manage the metadata and extract lineage and other useful information from our data graph
• Design discussion and review to shape the evolution of the platform
• Leverage technologies and standards to automate and improve all aspects of the platform
• Support and educate clients in their use of the platform
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Degree qualification in Computer Science or related field
• Java or related JVM development experience
• Strong technical ability, willing to learn and evolve your skills with advances in Technology
• Strong Data Modeling experience with ability to collaborate effectively across global teams and communicate complex ideas in a simple manner
• Team player, eager to work in a global organization
• Experience of data modelling and SQL
• Experience with Model Driven Architecture
• Programming Language design and implementation
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity