We are building a team focused on various digital strategies for the Goldman Sachs spanning API to user experience across all the businesses in our firm. As a heavily regulated enterprise with a highly diverse set of financial services, spanning MNPI, pre-published research, trading, sales, retail consumers, amongst other. This role will create our practices, oversee our technical and product architectures as well as establishing, and operating operational oversight across the various control and quality processes. As an architect you will be responsible for designing efficient processes, process efficiency analysis of existing processes, monitoring for process quality, and being an expert in your domain across all aspects of the Goldman Sachs digital strategy.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Own a product and solution from architectural design through the actual build to continuous operations and improvement
• Deploy new technologies to keep the Bank platform modern and scalable
• Assist in solving a variety of technical problems including: general architecture patterns, vendor integrations, high availability, fault tolerance, fail forward, synchronous vs. asynchronous integration, performance monitoring and data transformations
• Simplify and improve processes to improve adherence and development velocity
• Manage multiple tasks and use sound judgment when prioritizing
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• 5+ years of complex system development and architecture experience
• Deep expertise with one or more of the following: messaging middleware and database technologies such as Kafka, MongoDB, AWS, GCP, and Azure native services
• 3+ years of Java, C++, or similar language development experience
• 3+ years of experience designing architectures leveraging SOA, micro-services, domain driven design, contract driven design, OpenAPI
• Knowledge and experience about web services, mobile application services, single page web applications, and related digital services technologies
• Experience with authentication, authorization, SAML, OpenID, and related technologies
• Experience with developing and deploying in the Cloud environment leveraging Cloud native services Container Services, Database Services, Micro Services etc.
• Experience designing high availability, fault tolerant, real-time transaction processing systems
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize work effectively
• Highly motivated self-starter
• Responsive to challenging tasking
• Ability to document and explain technical details in a concise and understandable manner
• Strong sense of ownership and driven to manage tasks to completion
• Highly collaborative and team focused
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity