Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
Securities Settlements is a fast paced group at the heart of the Securities Division responsible for managing cash flows for trillions of dollars in global currencies and the risks associated with the derivative transactions. Our group works directly with clients to ensure the execution of Foreign Exchange and Interest Rates trades and supports Sales and Trading desks including the Investment Banking Division. Our global teams work together to resolve problems and service clients across the globe ranging from corporations, hedge funds, and sovereign entities. We are looking for a candidate with strong communication skills who is detail oriented and able to manage competing demands to join our team. The ideal candidate is eager to learn about the financial services industry, is problem-solving oriented, and can use creativity and strategic thinking to improve the workflow processes.
• Communicate with clients to confirm and deliver payments on the back of Foreign Exchange and Interest Rates Derivatives transactions
• Ensure incoming funds from clients are received and applied correctly
• Verify accuracy of trades through confirmation and verification of financial details
• Process cash flows at the back of transactions and daily interaction with clients and the business on any discrepancies
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Gain a comprehensive understanding of the trade lifecycle and associated cash flows.
• Partner with a team of settlement experts to deliver top notch client service while ensuring exposure risks are appropriately mitigated.
• Showcase your attention to detail and ability to manage several tasks at once by ensuring all discrepancies are appropriately investigated and resolved, while managing client expectations and potential fail exposure.
• Grow with the team; develop a deep understanding of the businesses that are supported, the market landscape that can drive innovation and change, and how as a team and individual, you can play a role in it.
• Proven analytical skills, problem solving ability, and a control mentality paired with meticulous attention to detail.
• Aptitude for building relationships and ability to communicate complex issues to a wide array of internal clients with differing levels of product experience.
• Self-motivated and proactive team player who takes ownership and accountability has strong organizational skills as well as the ability to effectively manage competing priorities.
• Flexible and able to work well under pressure in a team environment.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity