The Private Wealth Management (PWM) business provides end to end Investment Management services and advice across a large range of asset classes for high net worth individuals. PWM leverages a global technology platform offering, an integrated suite of tools, and applications to onboard clients. Our software helps realize a client’s goals and objectives, develops and implements an integrated wealth management plan and delivers first-class client service.
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) delivers innovative investment solutions through a global, multi-product platform that offers clients the advantages that come with working with a large firm, while maintaining the benefits of a boutique. GSAM is one of the pre-eminent investment management organizations globally. Critical to the success of GSAM is our ability to leverage a global team of talented professionals to define solutions and lead change across the operational infrastructure. GSAM Guidelines Platform team is looking to expand its presence in New York with the addition of a senior software developer.
The team is responsible for building a world-class investment guidelines surveillance platform, as part of the broader GSAM platform vision. This desk-facing role will offer challenging opportunities for performance-driven growth in a team oriented environment and includes direct exposure to multiple GSAM businesses including fixed income, equities, quant, fund of funds, alternatives, and investment funds.
• Actively participate in all phases of software development lifecycle: analysis, technical design, planning, development, testing, release, production support
• Build partnerships with the Fixed Income business to drive efficiency in their pre and post-trade experience
• Work closely with technology and strategy teams across the firm to build high quality, secure, and maintainable systems using approved tools and software development practices
• Develop deep Investment Management business knowledge; interact with business functions and technology teams across IMD and the wider Goldman Sachs group
• You are familiar with multiple programming languages (Python ideally) and are eager to learn new ones when needed.
• You are experienced in imperative, functional and object-oriented programming paradigms and know when to use which.
• You are focused on developing scalable solutions that solve a particular problem, but are generalized to the right level such that the same solution can be applied to other problems.
• You embrace test-driven development and other agile techniques in order to produce quality software.
• You constantly try to improve existing systems / architecture.
• You keep on top of the latest news in software development from NoSQL/Distributed databases to Reactive Application design to micro-services.
• You would like to join a small team of like-minded, quality focused professionals in a fast-paced environment with high focus on product delivery and constant innovation where you will be able to make a significant impact to the overall GSAM platform.
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.