Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment. We are recruiting highly motivated individuals for software development roles on the Enterprise Reference Data Engineering Team, based in New York/SLC/London/Warsaw/Bengaluru/Tokyo.
Effectively leveraging financial market data to drive business is the key for successful financial services that firm provides to its customers, and working with massive volumes of data quickly is a differentiator. It gives firm the opportunity to respond more quickly to changes, gain deeper insights and forecast capabilities. The challenges related to use the data to drive innovation and customer experience are even greater.
Our team builds platforms and technology solutions to model, source, and distribute the data including clients, accounts, financial products and prices to all of firm systems. We are an accelerator and enabler for business, making them more effective at managing and optimizing consumption of reference data, abstracting client, market and regulatory changes through innovative solutions.
Our team is made of software developers and technical product owners with deep technical skills and an affinity for creating solutions with the potential for enterprise-wide impact.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• You will be part of the technology function for Enterprise Reference Data, focusing on building data sourcing, controls and distribution architecture that enables the business to operate efficiently with the data.
• You should be able to quickly build visualizations on top of MongoDB / Sybase / DB2 / Elastic Search data to meet business needs, as well as be the thought leader to influence functional heads on new and innovate ways to visualize data that will help drive business value.
• You will help design data architecture to enhance existing pipelines as well as build feeds for new data sources.
• You will work closely with business partners and technology leaders to evaluate new tools that can further enhance the business’ ability to analyze data.
• You will participate in data architecture decisions and partner with technology teams to implement data products in production systems.
• This is a wide open opportunity for a motivated individual to use their skills to drive change in a high-visibility, challenging environment.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering, Computer Science or related disciplines
• 2+ years of software industry experience with strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Hands on experience in one of the mainstream programming language (Java, C++, etc.) using object-oriented design techniques and best practices
• Experience of test-driven development, hands on experience with testing frameworks such as JUnit.
• Good understanding and experience in using data structures and algorithms
• Basic understanding in working with SQL/NoSQL
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Basic understanding on any big data platform and data analysis methodologies
• At least 1 year experience dealing with data (structured or unstructured)
• Experience in working with SQL/NoSQL data stores (e.g. MongoDB)
• Good understanding of distributed and scalable system design
• Working with client to transform requirements into software solutions
• Experience working in a start-up business or a new business line within a larger organization is preferred
• Web services development: RESTful APIs; Swagger; Jersey; Glassfish
• Hands-on experience working with Linux and basic scripting (Bash)
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.