Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
We're a team of trusted advisors who provide innovative investment solutions to help our clients meet their financial goals. From private wealth to asset management, we work with specialists and groups from around the firm to help high-net-worth individuals and institutions across various industries navigate changing markets and make smart investments. We value self-starters with an entrepreneurial spirit, but still provide the support and resources to ensure your success.
GSAM Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) delivers innovative investment solutions through a global, multi-product platform that offers clients the advantages that come with working with a large firm, while maintaining the benefits of a boutique. GSAM is one of the pre-eminent investment management organizations globally. Critical to the success of GSAM is our ability to leverage a global team of talented professionals to define solutions and lead change across the operational infrastructure.
The Alternative Investments & Manager Selection (AIMS) Group provides investors with investment and advisory solutions, across leading hedge fund managers, private equity funds, real estate managers, and traditional long-only managers. The AIMS Group manages globally diversified programs, targeted sector-specific strategies, customized portfolios, and a range of advisory services. Our investors access opportunities through new fund commitments, fund-of-fund investments, strategic partnerships, secondary-market investments, co-investments, and seed-capital investments. With over 300 professionals across eight offices around the world, the AIMS Group provides manager diligence, portfolio construction, risk management, and liquidity solutions to investors, drawing on Goldman Sachs' market insights and risk management expertise. We extend these capabilities to the world's leading sovereign wealth funds, pension plans, governments, financial institutions, endowments, foundations and family offices, for which we invest or advise on over $150 billion.
GLOBAL REPORTING AND ANALYTICS
The AIMS Global Reporting and Analytics (GRA) team is responsible for producing client and fund level reporting for both hedge fund and private equity asset classes. This includes data analysis and review on quarterly letters, balance reports, underlying manager reports, monthly performance highlights, portfolio review books, and risk reports.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Reporting responsibilities include data management and review, preparation of weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports, including quantitative and qualitative information including performance, diversification, and portfolio holdings. The team works closely with the AIMS investment and RMA teams. The team also works with other GS areas including Client Service teams, Fund Accounting/Controllers, Technology, Legal and Compliance.
• Produce reports that include the analysis, verification, and troubleshooting related to portfolio holdings, performance, new/realized investments, metadata, diversification, and commentary, etc.
• Review materials and reports generated by junior members of the team, for current and prospective clients
• Respond to requests from senior management, clients, and internal groups relating to funds, portfolio holdings, and portfolio performance
• Manage projects relating to new clients, managers, and mandates as well as lead initiatives focused on platform enhancement
• Publish and review client data on GSAM.com
• Ability to interpret financial statements used to verify client reporting materials
• Attention to detail and experience producing complex customized client materials with highest degree of accuracy
• Analytical background required to train and lead the analyst creating client materials
• Participation in client launch calls and coordination with other AIMS team to understand and manage terms of client engagements impacting client reporting
• Interface with performance experts on the AIMS team, including regular interactions with senior management in both AIMS and GSAM Operations
• Understanding of performance attribution and risk calculations in proprietary models used for client reporting
• Strong organizational skills to review a large volume of output within tight timeframes
• Candidate must be a team player, self-motivated and demonstrate a willingness to take on more responsibility
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required
• Advanced or highly proficient with Excel. Candidate is also expected to demonstrate adaptability to other software products
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity