1. Hands-on, associate-level JAVA developer familiar with GS SDLC and other internal ecosystems to accelerate the network Infrastructure as Code and automation strategy
2. Execute on network software automation and network device lifecycle management projects.
3. Integrate vendor solutions such as Cisco NSO (Network Services Orchestrator) to manage the provisioning, configuration, and life cycle of network devices.
4. Integrate vendor solutions such as Forward Networks to discover the topology of the Firm’s network, and integrate the topology into network automation, testing, and troubleshooting tooling.
5. Design and implement firewall policy provisioning and management automation solutions by using network topology and security policy information.
6. Build network automation platforms around high availability and load balancing layer 4 and layer 7 solutions such as Citrix Netscaler ADC (Application Delivery Controller), and continually evaluate the marketplace for competing solutions.
7. Interact with the Firm’s Technology Risk organization, gather requirements, and ensure that all Network Software Engineering platforms conform to Technology Risk guidelines and policies.
8. Ensure that all platforms are built in accordance with the Firm’s SDLC (software development life cycle) practices and tooling, and in accordance with industry-standard design practices such as RESTful web services. Account for the resiliency, scalability, and high throughput of platforms by using Open Source technologies such as Elasticsearch (search engine), Apache Kafka (messaging bus), mongodb.
9. Ensure that all platforms take into account the Firm’s Cloud Computing strategy, and are able to interact with external Cloud providers such as AWS (Amazon Web Services) and GCP (Google Cloud Platform).
10. Interact with other platform provider teams at the Firm, and ensure that the Network Software platforms seamlessly integrate with other Firm platforms.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Developing new solutions for internal clients o Working with internal clients to understand their requirements o Translating client requirements into technology solutions o Communicating the important technical and commercial attributes of solutions to clients in ways the client can understand
• Introduction, communication and development of strategic networking technologies to provide additional scalability and functionality.
• Take an active role in the product lifecycle; new technology introduction through to demise
• Owning the delivery of a variety of concurrent projects in varying scale from small to very large
• Provide subject matter expertise when collaborating on cross platform projects with teams responsible for Voice, Video, Market Data, Compute, Storage, Information Security and Data Centre.
• Provide technical escalation for complex problems
• Working with networking product vendors and telecoms service providers with regards to all of the above
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Understanding of network engineering and implementing networking technologies within a large Enterprise, preferably with some exposure to the Financial Sector.
• Understanding of WAN/LAN topologies and protocols, networking technologies. (Ethernet, TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF, PIM, SNMP, MPLS)
• Understanding of data centre design principles, products and protocols
• Appreciation of Network Security architectures, models and methodologies, Authentication schemes, Encryption techniques and standards
• Basic experience using any of the following: Cisco Routers, Switches, Nexus, ASR, ISR product lines, Layer4-7 switching / High Availability (Citrix Netscaler preferred), Cisco IOS, IOS-XE, NX-OS, IOS-XR, Juniper JunOS, Arista EOS
• Good analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
• Understanding of network management, internetworking design and implementation of networks
• Good communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
• Good project management skills (large network deployments and cross-discipline project deliverables)
• Appreciation of neighbouring technologies: Market Data, Voice, Virtualisation Computing and Multimedia
• Desirable – software scripting and development experience, e.g. Automation & accessing web based services via APIs
• Desirable - experience of application performance optimisation and troubleshooting through packet level analysis
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.