Frontline Resolution is responsible for:
• Maintaining and supporting the Goldman Sachs global network infrastructure
• Troubleshooting, resolving incidents, providing RCA and recommendation to clients
• Engage and work with multiple carriers and hardware vendors
• Execute break fix changes to remediate hardware failure to normalize the environment
• Complete ownership of resolution for Sev1, Sev2 and critical Sev3 incidents and client escalations
An Individual in this role will be part of a diverse global network frontline engineering team responsible for production support, monitoring the global network, break fixes, carrier and vendors engagement and escalation. Product life cycle management for the network infrastructure, including both internal and external connectivity.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• An Individual in this role will be part of a diverse global network frontline engineering team responsible for production support, monitoring the global network, break fixes, carrier and vendors engagement and escalation. Product life cycle management for the network infrastructure, including both internal and external connectivity.
• Work with a global network team on troubleshooting network incidents.
• Provide network support collaborating with cross platform teams such as Voice, multi media, market data, trading, storage, information security and Data center.
• Maintain accurate network diagrams, inventory and documentation for network infrastructure.
• Follow established network policies and procedures for preparing and executing break fix changes, handling incidents and escalations.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Understanding of networking technologies, and protocols. (TCP/IP, Routing, Switching, VLANs, Firewalls, Carrier Circuits, Ethernet)
• Technical experience using any of the following: Cisco Routers & Switches, Nexus, ASR, ISR product lines, Cisco IOS, NX-OS, Juniper and Netscreen firewalls, GRE/IPSec
• Experience troubleshooting network connectivity and various network protocols - LAN, WAN, MAN, BGP. OSPF, TCP.
• Knowledge and experience working with network management tools - network monitoring, splunk etc.
• Highly self-motivated and the ability to work independently as well as in a global team environment.
• Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
• Good communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
• Experience working in the finance industry and an enterprise network
• Experience automating Network functions is a plus.
• Experience with at least one programming language (Python, Perl, Java, SQL).
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.