What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Accelerate is a firmwide initiative to foster innovation and collaboration across divisions, with a focus on the firm’s future growth. The projects we fund will focus on building brand new business ideas for GS, while offering employees the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. All of the ideas and businesses in which we are investing have key technical components to explore and develop. As such, Accelerate Engineering is focused on creating a dynamic, flexible environment that can rapidly create and deliver new products for our businesses. Many of these projects are either to deliver proofs-of-concepts or minimum viable products in exciting greenfield environments, while others are expanding current strategic platforms to integrate with one another in new, client-focused ways.
Engineers will play an integral role in helping define both the scope and direction of the businesses as they launch and grow, and they will become core owners of the platforms as they evolve. In short, we’re evolving, and we’re looking for some of the most talented engineers in the world to help us go further than ever before.
GS Accelerate/pinACL within Goldman Sachs Firmwide Strategy is building a best in class security policy manager platform to automate the provisioning and lifecycle of security policies across network devices such as firewalls and routers, both on-premises and in the Cloud. We expect the successful candidate to be intimately familiar with Java and its framework/methodologies and to have a proven track record leading the delivery of Java platforms. We are looking for a talented and passionate engineer who thrives in an extremely entrepreneurial, fast paced environment. This is a high visibility role, backed by some of the senior-most leaders of the firm, and as such, will require creativity and drive to deliver on an ambitious roadmap.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• We are looking for a Java developer to join our team of software and network platform engineers
• The developer will be part of the core engineering team that will be responsible for the incremental delivery of a resilient and scalable firewall automation solution
• You’ll work with RESTful web services, distributed database technologies, and network devices like firewalls and routers to build cutting automation software
• You can expect to deliver incremental business value through an agile SDLC
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• 6-10 years of experience delivering large, complex software platforms
• Previous experience with RESTful web services and should be comfortable with Agile processes, with an emphasis on writing high-quality, easily testable code
• Proven work experience in Java development, and experience with test frameworks like Junit, Mockito
• Excellent object oriented or functional analysis and design skills
• Must be a hands-on software developer, comfortable multi-tasking, and able to work independently
• Experience with running and troubleshooting software on the UNIX platform
• Basic understanding of networking fundamentals
• Basic understanding of cyber security practices, including firewalls, WAFs, proxies
• Hands-on experience with containers and Kubernetes
• Experience with database technologies such as mongodb
• Experience with search engines such as Elasticsearch
• Experience with messaging technologies such as Apache Kafka
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity