What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Perform assessments to identify gaps in compliance to information security (application and infrastructure) & BCP standards and policies, for both internal technology solutions as well as solutions provided by third-party service providers
• Contribute to global, regional and local initiatives aimed at improving our baseline on information protection, resiliency and controls of technology processes and services
• Understanding of relevant audit and control standards and the ability to drive and maintain compliance across the organization
• Provide clear and concise verbal and written recommendations and guidance to both business and technology staff
• Partner with the application development and platform teams within in all aspects of risk and control management
• Experience collaborating with a team of security experts in a diverse set of security topics including, but not limited to, security architecture, financial controls and regulatory compliance, identity and access management, penetration testing, data loss prevention, network security, security monitoring, white box testing/static code analysis, and building secure systems
• Ability to analyze internal and external processes and integration to understand risks and identify controls
• Assist on specific cross functional initiatives and projects in terms of control requirements definition and validating control implementation artifacts
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Minimum 3 years of professional experience in Internal/External Audit, Compliance, Risk Management or other control function
• B.S. or higher in Information Security, Management Information Systems, Computer Science (or equivalent work experience)
• Knowledge of ITGC controls, processes and methodologies
• Team oriented
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Energetic, self-directed, and self-motivated
• Manage adherence to the Corporate Standards
• Maintain and enhance the reporting of risk and control related issues and events
• Support the creation of important reports for the senior management and control functions
• Strong program and project management skills and technology expertise
• BA/BS in related field
• Experience in Financial Industry/Fintech is a plus
• Basic knowledge of securities markets, risk management practices, and regulations desired
• Strong technical skills with past experience manipulating data and working with large sets
• Strong business judgment and excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Strong project management skills; ability to gain consensus among staff and drive initiatives to completion effectively
• Work autonomously to affect change
• Ability to multi-task, work well under pressure with commitment to deliver under tight deadlines
• Training / Guidance Writing (e.g., develop procedures, templates and guidance)
• Tools / Technology (e.g., participate in testing of technology platforms)
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity