We’re a team of trusted advisors who provide innovative investment solutions to help our clients meet their financial goals. From private wealth to asset management, we work with specialists and groups from around the firm to help high-net-worth individuals and institutions across various industries navigate changing markets and make smart investments. We value self-starters with an entrepreneurial spirit, but still provide the support and resources to ensure your success.
We are seeking a Vice President as part of the Product Management team, who will be primarily responsible for enhancing sales and increasing client retention through technical support for the GSAM’s equity mutual funds, ETFs and separately managed accounts.
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) delivers innovative investment solutions through a global, multi-product platform that offers clients the advantages that come with working with a large firm, while maintaining the benefits of a boutique. GSAM is one of the pre-eminent investment management organizations globally. Critical to the success of GSAM is our ability to leverage a global team of talented professionals to define solutions and lead change across the operational infrastructure.
This role resides in the Americas Client Business (ACB) Product Strategy Group within GSAM. The team is responsible for facilitating product sales through product development, technical sales support, and delivery of market context and competitive insights to the ACB sales teams and intermediary clients serving retail, higher-net-worth, corporate retirement plans, and some direct institutional investors.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Work closely with sales teams to facilitate product sales by providing a high level of technical expertise across equity strategies. This will include communication of investment process, portfolio positioning, points of competitive differentiation, and analysis of investment results
• Elevate the product proficiency/effectiveness of GSAM sales professional through content creation, ongoing training, communication of relevant portfolio analytics and the development of sales ideas and materials
• Coordinate with relevant portfolio management teams, members of the Product Strategy Group, and sales and marketing groups to develop and deliver relevant, highly impactful portfolio insights and product positioning ideas
• Provide ongoing competitive analysis and development of product positioning strategies
• Train internal sales teams on products and impacts of market events on strategies
• Fulfill general inquiries from various sales teams
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE’RE LOOKING FOR
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree (U.S. or equivalent), CFA or MBA preferred, 6-10 years of financial industry experience
Series 7 and Series 63 licenses
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially the ability to explain complex technical concepts in simple terms
• Management experience, strong inter-personal skills and ability to work effectively with others
• Strong work ethic and commercial perspective
• Strong technical skills including high level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint required.
• Demonstrated interest and aptitude for equity markets and securities
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity