Playing a key role in measuring, reporting and forecasting the profitability of the firm’s complex products and services, colleagues that focus on accounting and financial planning are responsible for ensuring the firm’s financial information is accurate and comprehensive for reporting and regulatory purposes. Teams partner with business leaders to provide advice on the financial and regulatory considerations when executing business with our clients.
Accounting and financial planning teams across the firm embody strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and a desire to develop a deep understanding of financial fundamentals.
Investment Banking Division works on some of the most complex financial challenges and transactions in the market today. Whether advising on a merger, providing financial solutions for an acquisition, or structuring an initial public offering, we handle projects that help clients at major milestones. We work with corporations, pension funds, financial sponsors, and governments and are team of strong analytical thinkers, who have a passion for producing out-of-the-box ideas
- Industry Group Coverage Banking works in developed and emerging markets worldwide to deliver banking services for a wide range of industries. Our team approach to client service enables our bankers to play an important role in building relationships and executing transactions. Classic investment bankers have expertise advising clients across industries, regions and products. Teams are organized by industry group, including Consumer Retail Group, Financial Institutions Group, Financial and Strategic Investors Group, Healthcare, Industrials, Public Sector & Infrastructure, Natural Resources, Real Estate, and Technology, Media and Telecom, as well as by region, country and company size as part of the Cross Markets Group.
- Financing Group Coverage Banking sits within a dynamic, market-driven environment, our teams work closely with corporate clients, pension funds, financial sponsors and governments to structure and execute some of the largest and most complex financing and risk management solutions across the full product spectrum, including equity, debt and derivatives. To achieve this goal, the Financing Group comprises all Goldman Sachs’ capital markets departments, and operates on close cooperation with other areas of Investment Banking and other divisions within the firm, including Fixed Income, Currency and Commodities and Equities. Teams are organized by product group including Leveraged Finance, Equity Capital Markets, Investment Grade, Structured Finance, Corporate Derivatives and Emerging Markets.
Merchant Banking Division invests in corporate equity and corporate debt, real estate equity and real estate debt and infrastructure worldwide. We also provide asset management services to investments where Goldman Sachs has an interest. Consisting of over hundreds of professionals in six offices around the world, our business operates on a global platform.
- Equity Investing team invests in private equity, infrastructure as well as growth stage and technology companies. The group invests across a broad range of industries in the Americas, Europe and Asia seeking to maximize investment value through financial and operational value creation. MBD seeks long-term capital appreciation by committing equity to high quality companies with strong management. We seek to generate superior returns in a variety of situations, including leveraged buy-outs, recapitalizations, growth investments and stressed/distressed investments across a range of industries and geographies.
- Credit Investing associates work as part of small deal teams responsible for identifying, structuring, executing and monitoring corporate debt investments. Associates are involved in a wide range of high profile transactions across the capital structure and in a variety of industries in support of transactions that include leveraged buy-outs, take privates, add-on acquisitions and recapitalizations
- Real Estate team supports real estate investing across multiple product types across the US. This includes sourcing, underwriting and due diligence, acquisitions, asset management, construction and development oversight, financings and dispositions for the firm's real estate investments.
- Infrastructure manages three funds that invest globally in infrastructure opportunities in sectors such as energy, telecommunications and transportation. We seek to identify investment opportunities with potential for operational value creation and have developed an active approach to asset management
- Alternatives Capital Markets & Strategy (ACMS) is a firmwide group established in 2019 to oversee all institutional capital markets, capital raising, and strategy for alternative investments throughout Goldman Sachs. Engaging with both Goldman Sachs’ proprietary direct-investing programs and external managers’ open-architecture strategies, the ACMS Group centrally manages capital raising for all alternatives products and portfolio solutions for all institutional investors in alternatives, across private equity, credit, real estate, infrastructure, growth equity, secondaries, GP stakes, impact investing, and absolute-return strategies.
Global Investment Research Division delivers value-added research to clients in the equity, fixed income, currency and commodities markets. Goldman Sachs develops global client-focused research in economics, portfolio strategy, derivatives and equity and credit securities. Our clients use these insights and investment ideas to develop their strategies.
We produce original, fundamental research and analysis of industries, companies and economies. Our research teams continually identify and analyze financial information, strategic issues and trends that affect companies, industries and markets on a regional and global scale.
- Equity Research analyzes macro, sector and company fundamentals to identify investment opportunities for the stocks we cover globally.
- Credit Research makes investment recommendations for the corporate debt and credit derivatives of issuers in various sectors
- Economics Research formulates macroeconomic forecasts for economic activity, foreign exchange rates and interest rates.
- Portfolio Strategy Research formulates equity market views, forecasts and recommendations on both asset and industry sector allocations for every major equity market.
- Commodities Research analyzes market fundamentals to formulate forecasts for commodities in five main areas: oil, natural gas, base metals, precious metals and agriculture.
Executive Office Division is comprised of diverse businesses directly related to our corporate strategy, culture and brand. It includes corporate communications (internal communications, media relations and brand and content strategy), investor relations, government affairs, environmental markets and the office of corporate engagement. Our stakeholders include employees, shareholders, the media, policy makers, alumni and the general public.
- Firmwide Strategy reports to the firm’s Chief Strategy Officer, who is an ex-officio member of Management Committee and work with the Executive Office and senior divisional and business unit management to set and execute key strategic priorities for the firm. We develop, evaluate, and execute plans for new businesses and growth initiatives and leads strategic transactions, including joint ventures, acquisitions, and dispositions, on behalf of the firm.
- Investor Relations works closely with Goldman Sachs senior management to shape the firm’s external messaging for research analysts, debt and equity investors, proxy advisory firms, rating agencies and credit counterparts. This is a unique position that allows candidates to develop an Investment Banking valuation and modelling skill-set and Securities Division market perspective while gaining exposure to senior management, rating agencies, research analysts and key investors. Candidates will work directly with all members of the group across our debt and equity, corporate governance and rating agency teams
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) is one of the world’s leading investment managers. GSAM provides institutional and individual investors with investment and advisory solutions, with strategies spanning asset classes, industries, and geographies. We help our clients navigate today’s dynamic markets, and identify the opportunities that shape their portfolios and long-term investment goals. We extend these global capabilities to the world’s leading pension plans, sovereign wealth funds, central banks, insurance companies, financial institutions, endowments, foundations, individuals and family offices.
- Fundamental Equity conducts original, bottom-up research across a broad range of capitalizations and styles, spanning global developed and emerging markets. This team utilizes growth equity, value equity, global equity and real estate securities strategies.
- Fixed Income seeks to uncover opportunities across borders and in under-researched markets. We use independent specialist teams for bottom-up and top-down decisions, and for generating strategies within their areas of expertise. The Fixed income team includes money market products, central funding and liquidity management businesses
- Alternative Investments & Manager Selection (AIMS) provides investors with investment and advisory solutions, across leading hedge fund managers, private equity funds, real estate managers, public equity strategies fixed income strategies and environmental, social and governance integrated and impact investments. The AIMS Group manages globally diversified programs, targeted sector-specific strategies, customized portfolios, and a range of advisory services. Our investors access opportunities through new fund commitments, fund-of-fund investments, strategic partnerships, secondary market investments, co-investments, and seed-capital investments.
- Global Portfolio Solutions is a leading provider of multi-asset class investment solutions tailored to the specific needs and objectives of institutional clients. With professionals located around the world focused on investment and services, the team performs research, develops market insights, implements and manages multi-asset allocation strategies including tactical investment decisions and the specific application of risk management strategies and processes.
- Credit Alternatives is an investing platform that manages approximately $13bn of total capital. The team utilizes a bottom-up, fundamentally based investment approach seeking to provide investors with access to fixed income like strategies that are in non-traditional form and generate differentiated sources of yield for investors over the long-term. The team’s current investment strategies include Private Middle Market Credit and Renewable Power. Private Middle Market Credit is a direct origination strategy focused on lending to U.S. middle-market companies. Renewable Power is focused on owning and operating renewable power assets. On behalf of clients, the team manages a range of commingled funds (including a publicly listed business development company (NYSE: GSBD), separate accounts and a private yieldco (Goldman Sachs Renewable Power LLC).
Ayco, A Goldman Sachs Company partners with Fortune 1000 companies to design and implement tailored financial planning programs for their workforce—leveraging the 50-year heritage of Ayco and the comprehensive resources of Goldman Sachs to meet the evolving needs of their employees. Ayco believes companies best serve their stakeholders and the greater economy when their employees’ financial lives are clear, understood and in their control. Ayco advisors and technical specialists help clients achieve their personal financial goals through education and guided implementation across seven key financial disciplines, including employee benefit planning. Hiring teams include:
- Wealth Strategies Group specializes in the design and implementation of wealth protection and wealth transfer strategies for high net-worth clients.
- Private Wealth Management provides investment-advisory, education, portfolio-management and trade-execution strategies. Analysts serve as key liaison between clients, investment and operations teams.
Corporate Treasury is tasked with finding the best ways for Goldman Sachs to deploy its financial resources within the parameters of regulatory guidelines as well as the firm’s own risk appetite. The Treasury function plays a key role in the management of the firm’s liquidity, funding, capital, and allocation of financial resources to align with the firm’s overall strategy and to ensure the firm is resilient in its ability to carry out its activities. Treasury teams are strategically focused, have a collaborative nature and possess strong problem solving skills.
- Bachelor’s degree (2017 – December 2020)
- 0-3 years of prior work experience in a relevant field.
- Proficient to advanced skills with MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- Highly organized with exceptional attention to detail and follow-through
- Strong ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Team player with positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong academic record with background in finance, economics, accounting or math preferred
- Experience with modelling and financial statements analysis
- Ability to process and analyze high volumes of information and proactively form and express independent judgements
- Commercially savvy with ability to exercise discretion with respect to highly confidential/sensitive information
- Some roles will require proficiency in R, Python, or similar for statistical modeling and analyzing time-series data