Goldman Sachs Core Engineering is building out its ClearFactr team and is looking for a talented and passionate engineer who thrives in an extremely entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment. This is a high-visibility role, backed by some of the senior-most leaders of the firm, and as such, will require creativity and drive to deliver on an ambitious roadmap.
ClearFactr is Goldman Sachs’ proprietary cloud-based financial modeling platform. It enables users to create an integrated ecosystem out of otherwise dispersed, distributed, and disconnected financial models. It can be used via a spreadsheet-like user interface within a web browser, and/or programmatically via APIs. It combines unique approaches to modeling clarity, powerful low/no-code analytics, and collaboration to solve a wide variety of risk, modeling, and workflow challenges. ClearFactr is expanding its footprint inside the firm and preparing to launch externally.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Drive the technical execution of the engineering needs of the ClearFactr business
• Innovate with new technologies and existing strategic platforms to deliver quality features
• Deliver tactical solutions while focusing on strategic structure and viability
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or related technical disciplines
• Recent hands-on programming experience with 3+ years of relevant Java work
• Excellent object oriented or functional analysis and design skills
• Knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and designing for performance
• Excellent verbal and written communication, collaboration, and influencing skills
• Ability to deal with ambiguity/change in a fast paced environment
• Experience with Google Web Toolkit (“GWT”). Sencha GXT a major plus
• Experience with asynchronous, event-driven programming
• Proven, self-directed GUI design skills
• Experience with Amazon Web Services Java SDK
• Experience with JDBC
• Experience with multi-threaded / parallel processing Java programs
• Experience with REST-API frameworks. Experience with Jersey a plus
• Experience with performance-tuning/optimization software. Experience with JProfiler a plus
• Experience with relational databases, SQL, and associated entity-relationship data-modeling. MySQL experience a plus
• Knowledge of existing strategic firmwide platforms a plus
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.