What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
Job Summary & Responsibilities
In Finance Engineering, you'll find an exciting confluence of computer science, finance and mathematics being used to solve for that our shareholders would like from us: a high return for the right risk taken.
Our shared services teams work with multiple Finance businesses to drive consistency, efficiency and reuse across Finance Engineering solutions via the delivery of common services, tools, frameworks, and practices. The shared services are: data engineering, platform engineering, infrastructure engineering, and technology risk management.
With increasing complexity and data volumes in Finance, we continuously need to scale our data. Cutting across all areas of Finance, our Data Engineering team is designing our common data-stores in the firm's enterprise data platform “Data Lake” and “Legend”. We are a team of engineers using industry standard, open source, and internal proprietary technologies to develop solutions for managing data across the Finance division.
• Work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment that provides exposure to all areas of Finance
• Build strong relationships with business partners
• Understand business needs, facilitating and developing process workflow, data requirements, and specifications required to support implementation
• Develop technical specifications, high level/detailed design, testing strategies, and implementation plans from business requirements
• Manage end-to-end systems development cycle from requirements analysis, coding, testing, UAT and maintenance
• 6+ years of software development experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline
• Independent thinker, willing to engage, challenge and learn
• Comfortable multi-tasking, managing multiple stakeholders and working as part of a team
• Excellent communication skills including experience speaking to technical and business audiences and working globally
• Expertise in Object Oriented (preferably Java) development & Relational databases
• Working knowledge of ORM (Object Relational Mapping) tools to create executable domain models
• In-depth knowledge of database technologies and design e.g. relational, columnar, hierarchal and document databases.
• Experience with financial products and workflows and the systems that support them.
• Knowledge of data analytics and visualization tools, e.g. Kibana, Tableau, Qlikview, etc.
• Experience with continuous delivery and deployment
• Proficient at working with large and complex code bases
• Comfortable working in highly dynamic and rapid development environment (Agile development experience)
• Technologies: Linux, TDD, build tools (Maven/Gradle/Ant), Hadoop/HDFS, Spark
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity