Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
Asset Management Operations
The Asset Management Division is comprised of Merchant Banking and Asset Management. These businesses engage with clients around the world including sovereign wealth funds, public and private pension funds, endowments, foundations, insurance companies and corporations, as well as third party financial intermediaries, to deliver our full suite of world-class solutions across liquidity, fixed income, equities and alternatives. Asset Management Operations supports these business through risk management and control, preserving and enhancing the firm’s assets and its reputation.
The Change Management team is a centralized department of change agents focused on the design, execution and delivery of key initiatives that support the change agenda for the Asset Management Division.
▪ Lead complex and high-priority projects, and manage sponsors and stakeholders with competing priorities, resourcing levels and time constraints across all typical project phases:
▫ Project initiation and scoping, including definition of plans and setting and managing realistic expectations for successful delivery with project stakeholders
▫ Business analysis and requirements definition
▫ Testing and implementation, in particular user acceptance testing
▪ Ongoing project management and quality assurance throughout the project
▪ Build and manage relationships with key project stakeholders in Operations, Engineering and Business
▪ Assess and streamline Operations’ processes in order to mitigate risk or control issues and generate efficiencies
▪ Provide support and advice to Operations management and project teams on project management tools and methods
Experience / Skills / Qualifications
▪ Bachelors Degree
▪ 5 years of professional experience
▪ 5 years of project management experience
▪ Experience in management consulting or the financial services industry – preferred
▪ Proven track record of scoping a new project and independently driving its delivery on time and within budget
▪ Strong technical skills used to identify issues, track risks and provide periodic status updates
▪ Great organization skills and an ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize and make decisions as required
▪ Excellent analytical skills and willing to challenge assumptions
▪ Team-oriented and consensus driven with an ability to work in a high pressure environment
▪ Capable of working with different levels of seniority on multiple products, regions and functions
▪ Ability to influence key stakeholders outside their direct control and hold them accountable to deliver
▪ Strong written and verbal communication skills
▪ Strategic thinker that sees the big picture and aligns with business priorities
▪ Demonstrates an understanding of operations processes and procedures and an ability to learn quickly
▪ Exposure to innovative technology in the financial services industry – preferred
▪ Experience with Business Process Modeling (BPM) through Signavio, Microsoft Visio or similar tools – preferred
▪ Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity