Our division works on some of the most complex financial challenges and transactions in the market today. Whether advising on a merger, providing financial solutions for an acquisition, or structuring an initial public offering, we handle projects that help clients at major milestones. We work with corporations, pension funds, financial sponsors, and governments and are team of strong analytical thinkers, who have a passion for producing out-of-the-box ideas.
We’re looking for a driven, entrepreneurial Associate or Vice President to join the IBD Client Marketing & Communications team. The team aligns closely with IBD industry groups to best position the Goldman Sachs IBD franchise via strategic communication to clients around GS deal activity, industry trends and insights from our people. We use a variety of mediums including email marketing, video content, podcast / audio content and traditional and social media, working closely with the Executive Office’s Brand & Content Strategy team. The team also collaborates closely with divisional brand and marketing teams across the firm to ensure a seamless “One Goldman Sachs” experience for clients.
Position is based in Dallas or Salt Lake City, with potential for fully remote setup
· Write / design / create transaction-based marketing content for IBD clients, in close coordination with client coverage teams
· Create and curate thematic content from across all divisions, focused on sharing the firm’s ideas and insights on the global M&A and financing markets as well as other topics of interest for the IBD client base
· Work closely with business unit leaders and sector spokespeople to establish and maintain key franchise messages and proactive media strategy in coordination with Media Relations
· Work closely with EO Brand & Content team to source and develop Thought Leadership content for promotion through internal and external channels, including video, podcasts, social media
· Work with client coverage teams on ongoing management of client subscriptions, ensuring effective reach to target audience
· Execute distribution of content via CRM system (Salesforce/Adobe)
· Measure marketing impact via lead generation, click through rates, anecdotal client feedback; work with senior leadership to optimize and evolve strategy on an ongoing basis
Required Skills & Experience
· Minimum of 5 years related work in finance, journalism or communications
· Experience establishing and managing projects, processes and communications
· Excellent written and oral communication skills with confidence and ability to interact effectively with senior leaders and external clients
· Self-starting, highly proactive person who demonstrates initiative and ownership and can work with little direction on assignments
· Fast learner, ability to leverage personal and organizational network to drive results
· Ability to review and synthesize information and form independent judgments
· Impeccable attention to detail, particularly in written communications
· Investment Banking experience a plus
· Experience with email marketing campaign software a plus
· Experience with marketing data / analytics a plus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity