FOUNDATIONAL TECHNOLOGY GROUP develops common solutions for managing our infrastructure including enterprise monitoring, alerting, system configuration management, provisioning and service management to reduce risk and operating costs within our
Enterprise Technology Operations (ETO) is a Technology Business Unit focussed on running scalable production management services with a mandate of operational excellence and operational risk reduction that is achieved through large scale automation, best-in-class engineering and by leveraging data sciences and machine learning. ETO’s Monitoring team apply software engineering to various infrastructure platforms to provide visibility into service availability, service latency, service performance, service efficiency, pro-active capacity and event management that helps improve overall service uptime. ETO's Network Monitoring Engineering team uses Vendor Solutions, Open-Source solutions, In-house software, analytics, big data processing and advanced visualization/interaction to give end users the ability to gain visibility into capacity, performance and degraded services in our heterogeneous infrastructure. This is achieved through sophisticated engineering, analysis of various vendor / open-source solutions, autonomics and machine learning that statistically and inductively help understand the behaviour of these complex systems. An individual in this role is responsible for design, development, deployment and support of products and platforms that leverage JAVA based technologies and enable large scale Time-Series, logs and Event management applications processing in engineering products in ETO. The individual will engage in both server side as well as front-end development as may be required to achieve the desired outcomes. Knowledge of IP Networking basics is a big plus. The Specific responsibilities include:
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Design component as well as integration architecture for large scale web Time-Series, logs and Event management applications primarily in network monitoring space.
• Develop, test and support features for globally deployed web apps
• Follow best practices throughout the project lifecycle
• Participate in team-wide design and code reviews
• Keep abreast of emerging technical trends, so applicability to ETO products can be determined.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent or higher) in Computer Science, Information Technology, Electronics and Communication.
• Knowledge of Linux and storage monitoring and performance tuning concepts.
• Knowledge of various systems monitoring tools in the industry
• Experience with scripting language like Python, Perl
• Working knowledge of enterprise database systems (Sybase or Postgres or Oracle or DB2)
• Basic experience of networking concepts
• Strong Communication skills with a track record of working and collaborating with global teams,
• Experience in leading, mentoring and building teams would be a big plus.
• Must possess the ability to handle multiple on-going assignments and be able to work independently in addition to contributing as part of a highly collaborative and globally dispersed team
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to break down and communicate complex issues, ideas and solutions
• Thorough knowledge and experience in all phases of SDLC
• Experience with windows monitoring concepts is a big plus.
• Working knowledge of Maven, SVN, NPM, Gulp
• Programming skills in Java or other enterprise programming language.
• Experience with Elastic-Search, MongoDB, Hadoop Hive/Hbase.
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.